Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

towing 1500 miles with uhaul car trailer?

Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
towing 1500 miles with uhaul car trailer?

I am moving from Cali to OK and would like to tow my sons 1998 Audi a4(3200lbs) on a uhaul trailer. what do you guys think? bed of truck will have about 500lbs of stuff in it and we will also pack another 500 in the car. The uhaul trailer weighs about 2000lbs. I have an 07 DC LB?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
do you have the tow package?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
I am moving from Cali to OK and would like to tow my sons 1998 Audi a4(3200lbs) on a uhaul trailer. what do you guys think? bed of truck will have about 500lbs of stuff in it and we will also pack another 500 in the car. The uhaul trailer weighs about 2000lbs. I have an 07 DC LB?

3200+500+500+2000=6200lbs

i think the max on the tow package is 6500? dont quote me tho i can look some stuff up. but thats getting up there.

im guessing the 500 in the "car" means the cab? thats including you and any passengers right?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
I bring the feel goods

check this out if you havent as well
Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
It'd be cheaper to drive it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
It'd be cheaper to drive it.
x2

strongly considering that now rather than ship or tow the wife's car next march when we move out to OK. did the math and getting a rough 10mpg towing her car (camry, great mileage) it would be cheaper to caravan out there.