1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Tacoma ??Cabin Filter??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Doctor John, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    Doctor John

Doctor John [OP] Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Does my 2005 V6 Tacoma have a cabin filter and if so, can you tell me how to access it for replacement?

2. May 1, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
  3. May 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    also look up top at the Mods & Tutorials link you find a lot of helpful stuff in the Cheap Tacoma Mods section.

4. May 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I thought I read on here once that the '05's do not have the cabin air filter. Only 06-10.

A member posted that the spot for the filter was there, but no filter was present. He was told that was normal for the '05's. I can't find the thread though.

5. May 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    hmmm good point

6. May 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    05's don't have the filter or the tray the filter mounts in. That's precisely why so many came up with the idea of taking a home filter and cutting it into 4 pieces and using that instead. But I got tired of spending the money, taking the time to cut the pieces out, and taping cardboard onto the edges of each one. So if you don't want to buy the tray and filter...and don't want to go the route of cutting up the home filters over and over, make yourself a washable one that will last the life of the truck:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/90324-diy-washable-cabin-air-filter.html

I decided to add my DIY article here on TW since this comes up so much. Now you guys don't have to see it linked to either of the other 2 forums where it's listed in the DIY sections.

7. May 1, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    hahahaha that is awesome. now i am not sure if there is one somewhere else but if what they are saying is true then that dude needs confronted:)

Products Discussed in

To Top