1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

99 leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MarkC, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Mar 19, 2007 at 7:03 AM
    MarkC

MarkC [OP] Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yokota AB, Fussa-Shi, Japan
    Vehicle:
    99 4x4 SR5
    2 inch spacer in the front, and homemade add a leaf in the rear, billet grille, bull bar
    I have a 99 4x4 with 141,000 miles and the leaf springs feel like jello, and squats horribaly with my 4 wheeler in the back. I thought about helper springs and even looked at new springs. Does anybody eles have, or had this problem??

2. Mar 21, 2007 at 7:35 AM
    SPOWERS07

SPOWERS07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4 off-road
    ya i had this problem i had a 92 toyota truck with a 4 inch suspension lift with rear lift blocks and due to my 4 wheeler being in the back so much it made my rearend permentley sag i just got some new leaf springs from pro comp i think, and it really helped out they were like really curved ones so i dident need to use the lift block.

3. Jun 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    99tacosupreme

99tacosupreme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    1999 Black V6 PreRunner TRD
    Pioneer Headunit, Infinity Kappa 6.5" speakers, Alpine Type R sub with Alpine M500 amp, 15% Tint up front 5% in the back, Deckplate mod, Debadged, Bilstien 5100s, Wheelers 1.5"AAL, DDM 55w 6k Lights
    My 99 tacoma does the exact same, it only has 90k on it but it sit sags horribly even if you just sit on the tailgate, I know I need knew shocks but i dont think this will help with the rear end sag?? Let me know what you have done to fix yours because im stuck trying to decide between helper springs, aal or a whole new leaf pack?

4. Jun 21, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Yes, your old stock stuff is crap and worn out, and your trucks wallow around and feel unresponsive, and even a handful to drive on the highway, right? Like my 01 did...You guys may find this to be helpful reading...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/82726-group-buy-april-22-deadline-wheelers-offroad-1st-gen-leaf-replacement.html

The group buy is already over, but we beat this topic to death and we all shared a lot of really good info and links to leaf replacement stuff...and learned a lot.

I think we all have our stuff now, and I think most of us have intstalled it. I just finshed mine. It is like a new truck. Firm, solid, no body roll. Very good investment. If you are carrying ATVs a lot, you might want to consider Alcan custom leafpacks, which we also discussed...

Products Discussed in

To Top