1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AbePDX DCSB build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by AbePDX, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Feb 28, 2017 at 1:17 AM
    AbePDX

AbePDX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Mica Tacoma TRD OR V6 MT 6
    The way the Taco stands today.

_DSC8015.jpg _DSC8051.jpg

About the Taco:

I am the second owner of this 2007 Tacoma double cab short bed TRD Off Road V6 MT 6 SPD.
    I bought the truck in Minneapolis, when I used to live in Minnesota, damn those days were cold... the Truck had 100k on the clock when I bought it, it was fairly stock. the only "mods" I did in the first 7 months were the TRD shift knob and the Husky floor mats.

Interior:
    Husky Floor mats
    Smitty Built Seat cover LINK
    Center console
    Visor organizer
    Lights and other stuff

Exterior:
    Wind deflector
    Tonneau Cover
    Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock
    Rear Differential Breather Extension to the bed
    Toyota rack
    ARB Safari snorkel ---> Install write up
    2012+ tail lights

Armor:
    @CBI Offroad Fab Moab 2.0
    Stock under body armor

Suspension
    OME 90021 + 885
    Dakar leafs

Wheels/Tires
    @SCSPerformance F5 16"
    BFG 265/75/16

Lighting

@CaliRaisedLed 2x2 Pods + ditch mounts
    HID converted 2xHella 500 --------> install write up

Recovery/Towing/Safety/Tools

Smittybuilt 30k strap
    Viair 88P
    Husky 36" Axe
    RazorBack Shovel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How it looked when I first got the Taco:

IMG_0455.jpg

I took the Truck to Florance Oregon, within the first month I moved to the Pacific Northwest from the Midwest.

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I while I got the OEM rack which not only made the truck look a lot better, but I put it to good use!

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A while passed before I realized that I needed more lights! so I installed Light bar and did the Hella HID conversion Mod

_DSC6579.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

Many months later, I finally got a lift!

IMG_3801.jpg

Under the Knife:

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

All Done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then comes the Muffler! threw out the old Flowmaster which had a lot of unnecessary drone and little tone, and replaced it with the 250 Venom by Black Widow Exhaust. and let me tell you, that the muffler you want.

IMG_3792.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    many moons later, the shiny Armor and wheels arrived!

IMG_5564.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

Filling my Blinker Fluid.

IMG_5711.jpg

Overland Bound Member #1285

IMG_3878.jpg

Got my @CaliRaisedLed 2x2 PODs + Ditch mounts.

IMG_6046.jpg

Installed the Nose thing AKA snorkel

IMG_6235.jpg

And that's all for now. its gonna be a while till I go through my list!

Pictures from my trips and weekend Trail attacks.

_DSC7983.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

_DSC3516.jpg

_DSC3897 v2.5.jpg

_DSC4100.jpg

_DSC4163v2.jpg

_DSC4189.jpg

_DSC7009.jpg

_DSC8960.jpg

_DSC9873 TW V.jpg

_DSC8026.jpg
    IMG_3878.jpg
    _DSC3607.jpg
    _DSC3632.jpg
    _DSC4068.jpg

2. Feb 28, 2017 at 2:21 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
  3. Feb 28, 2017 at 3:55 PM
    Chepo

Chepo Tankoma!

Member:
    Mexico City
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport
    Lots...
    Love it!

AbePDX[OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 28, 2017 at 10:38 PM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

them wheels are sexy as hell!

5. Jun 13, 2017 at 3:08 PM
    GUN SLINGER

GUN SLINGER Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD DCSB QUICKSAND
    Nice bro

AbePDX[OP] likes this.
  6. Nov 24, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    @AbePDX
    How do you like the black widow 250 muffler? The aftermarket system that was on my truck when I bought it has rusted from winter. I've been looking at getting a venom 250 for my 2010 double cab in the next few weeks and doing it in stainless so that winter will not defeat me again. I have listened to a couple of black Venom Mufflers on trucks, none have 250s, but they sound files can only do so much Justice.

Thanks

AbePDX[OP] likes this.
  7. Nov 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM
    AbePDX

Member:
    First Name:
    Abe
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:

Honestly If I had known that the Venom 250 was this good I would have installed it longer before! I I know it will sound good on your truck as well, the 3" has a hint of deeper tones to it. however, I have the 2.5", its quite enough that people next to the truck don't realize that I have a muffler. but once you step on the throttle it well start playing that sweet sweet music to my ears.

tattooedsnake[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM
    tattooedsnake

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Black widow 2.5" stainless steel coming out behind the passenger wheel. Venom 250 muffler with aFe Stage-2 Si Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System Dry filter. It was 11F this morning while starting the truck. I really like the sound of the Venom 250 on my truck. The initial firing up sound is aggressive and loud enough but doesn't scare small children. With that said, your neighbors will definitely know when you have started your truck because the exhaust note travels inside the house easily. Just under normal idle while sitting at a light or in a drive through you wont notice it to much, but once you get on the throttle you and everyone around you will hear it. Getting onto the highway or passing anyone puts a smile on my face each and every time.

The biggest thing that I noticed with this muffler compared to the last system that was on my truck is how much "quieter" the Black widow muffler sounds inside the cab, It doesnt sound annoying or overly loud. It has some hum at 1500 rpm, so going 35 down the road you might have a little hum but not annoying drone. At 2k RPM while doing 70mph the exhaust is comfortably quiet and easy to drive, but once you bring the motor up to 3200 RPM she stops sounding like a Tacoma and makes me smile.

9. Jan 8, 2018 at 10:40 AM
    tattooedsnake

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    Addon:

I have an Afe CAI and with the old exhaust I noticed that after 3k rpm you would loose the sound of the muffler because the intake sound would take over. After having the new exhaust for about a month now the biggest thing that I noticed is a pretty consistant power band and also engine sound. There is no drop of one sound for another. As the RPMs get higher the whole engine system sounds strong and happy.

Products Discussed in

To Top