1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Annoying noise from A frame

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Greidtaco, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jan 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM
    Greidtaco

Greidtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    When I drive in the highway, this obnoxious sound comes from the a frame on the front passenger side window. It starts at 65 mph and gets more constant the higher the speed gets. Any ideas? Video attached.

2. Jan 13, 2016 at 11:13 PM
    DVexile

DVexile Exiled to the East

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB V6 TRD OR 4X4
    Your video didn't attach for some reason but it is almost certainly the door seal. Common problem, usually worse in crosswind. There is a very long thread with people trying to track this down. Check out this post well into that thread describing a fix. Many different ways to do it, but basically need to get the door seal squeezed more by adding some sort of additional foam or rubber there. Read the whole thread, but pay particular attention to post 129 linked below.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-at-highway-speed.309795/page-7#post-10192245

3. Jun 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM
    Greidtaco

Greidtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Just an FYI. The noise came from the seal between the door and the car by the rounded part of the window. To locate the source I used blue painters tape and taped around the edges. Once found I took the truck to the dealer and told them the issue. They then replaced all the weather stripping since the truck was under warranty. I have not heard the noise since and the truck is much quieter so I killed two birds with one stone.

tomwil and DVexile like this.
  4. Jun 21, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    Bebop

Bebop Old fashion cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Castle rock Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma baja
    6inch lift sitting on bilstein coilovers. Lexus is300 studs in front to keep stock wheels, general grabber red letters, nfab front bumper.
    There is a tsb on this issue. I'm getting my new weather stripping Tuesday for this issue

Greidtaco[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top