1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use a backup camera while towing to see what's behind you?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by FrostyPower, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jun 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    FrostyPower

FrostyPower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB Blue Ribbon
    Lift Kit - Toytec 3" Billstein full suspension lift Tires - 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac Rims - 17" 015 Black American Eagle Rims Nerf Bars - N-Fab Black nerf bars Painted Fender Flares - Bushwacker flares OEM skid plate
    Looking for opinions here.

I would like to see what is behind me while towing my boat. What do you guys do? I don't have tow mirrors or even use the clip on ones. Was wondering if anyone had a rear view cam setup while towing and have it on all the time and if it's useful or not. It sure would be nice to have on those long trips since I can't see what's behind me at all when I get going.

If you guys do use one, any recommendations with setups? I'm looking for a wireless one due to having a boat and the trailer sometimes being submerged in water.

Thanks!

2. Jun 18, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I don't think you will like a wireless one. I haven't seen one worth a crap yet even mounted on the license plate. You would need a wired waterproof one to mount on the trailer with a connection at the tongue to hook to the truck. You could wire it to an aftermarket DVD head unit on the video in. Only need I can really see for one is when backing the boat up in close quarters though.

3. Jul 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
    cpeterson24

cpeterson24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport MGM
    Billies all around, 885's up front, 1.5" AAL in the rear ,Pro Comp 7032's wrapped in BFG AT 265/75/16, Locking rear cargo bins, interior LED's, Volant CAI with ram skewp, 5% back windows 20% tint up front, ImMrYo rear-view mirror mount, flowmaster 40 cut after axle drop, 886 reverse light mod, blacked out emblems, Grill Craft MX mesh upper and lower, UltraGauge, 10" JL sub behind drivers side rear seat

Products Discussed in

To Top