1. VENDOR WARNING: There are reports of customers unable to get in contact with this vendor. Therefore, we cannot recommend purchasing from this vendor until Tacoma World staff are able to establish contact with them again.
  2. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Discussion in 'Beefed Taco' started by Beefed Taco, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Jul 15, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    rhys

rhys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    afe intake, flexalite fan, cab a/c outlet, de-chrome in progress, bedlined sides, custom head and tail lights, arb front
    sweet, I was torn on the decision. i took off my flares and am gonna get 255 tires so ill be skinny. but i want a step cause my gf is short and im lifting. medium might be just right.

2. Jul 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Hey check out this thread I made. It has good Bud Built skid plate / slider info. I'll PM it to you too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...en-bud-built-skid-plate-question-request.html

3. Jul 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    Bumponapickle

Bumponapickle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD + Leather DCLB
    Old Man Emu 3 inch lift + AAL, Satoshi and Pioneer Avic Z130BT
    Any timeline when the DCLB sliders could possibly be ready?? I'am reserving some space on the truck for your sliders!!!

4. Jul 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    BCTacoma

BCTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Port Hardy, BC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Tacoma
    Toytec ULK, OME Dakars, Bilstein Shocks, Extended Brake Lines, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Pro Comp Steel wheels, Relentless Fab Front Bumper/Sliders
    Hey man, just wondering how long the slider are for an 2006 access cab truck ?
    And if you have shipped to canada yet ?

thanks

5. Jul 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    No worries brother, it's summer it's busy things happen.

I for one would rather you take your time and build the quality products you're known for than turn it into an assembly line and crank this stuff out only caring about the bottom line.

Keep up the good work. :)

6. Jul 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    mgage10

mgage10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s with Add-A-Leaf 18x9 XD Addicts on 285/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 TRD Skid Plate Gray Husky Liners Venture Shield Clear Bra TRD Sport Pedals Seat Belt Alarm Disabled LED Map Lights (Cool White) LED Dome Light (Cool White) LED License Plate Lights (Cool White) White Engine Cover White Toyota FJ Grill Badge Viper 2 Way Alarm System Debadged Tailgate Fog Light Anytime Mod Window Tint Black Mesh Upper Grillcraft Black Mesh Lower Grillcraft Black Mesh Grillcraft Triangles Raven Speed Antenna AFE Stage 2 Pro-Dry S Intake Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
    The sliders look awesome. Do you have any for a DC LB?

7. Jul 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM
    4x4runner2002

4x4runner2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 limited
    suspension and armor
    Just wondering where i am on the list...i did hand you cash. I am not worried about the time but some feedback would be nice. Thanks

8. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    rhys

rhys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    afe intake, flexalite fan, cab a/c outlet, de-chrome in progress, bedlined sides, custom head and tail lights, arb front
    ok im about to put an order in. can you specify the widths from the frame?

9. Jul 29, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    The second someone comes to me and alows me to do the first pair on their truck and then keep them for a few days and make the fixtures (or add what'll be needed to my existing ones) I'll be offering them. We need to get this rolling bad! I can have the sliders premade to the correct length and have the frame brackets all made prior to meeting and this will allow a speedy and much easier day at the shop installing the first set on a DCLB. Then they will be available.

I just PMed you Zach. You're # 5 and by next Wed. 2 of those people will be off that list.

My measurements go from the pinch weld on the cab and not from the frame, but I do know there should be about 7.5" from the frame to the pinch weld, so you can add that to my measurements. My measurements are as follows....

2 front tubes...inner one goes directly under the pinch weld and measures out to the center of the outer tube......

narrow 2 main tubes 5.5"
    narrow kickout 7"

medium 2 main tubes 6.5"

medium
    kickout 8"

wide 2 main tubes 7.5"
    wide
    kickout 9"

10. Jul 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    rhys

rhys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    would a strait slider cost more to not have the kick out? maybe because its not in your design. id rather not have it but if its too much more ill just get the normal. but i will definately buy from you.

11. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I'll build any type of slider you want (or I'm capable of dong). I set my jigs up so that I can also build a hybrid slider, which I just received a PM asking about. So no, a change wouldn't be more expensive. Remember, I'm not a big company who's going to leave you with 0 options regarding some sort of change or idea you've been thinking of. If I can do it I will, if I can't, I'll just tell you I can't. I'm always willing to listen to people and go out of my way to make sure they're happy in the end. By mid week of this coming week 2 of those people will be off that waiting list too and it's onto the others. yay.

12. Aug 2, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    rhys

rhys Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    hybrid slider? please explain.....sounds interesting

13. Aug 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    you come out to VA, you can use my DC SB! And my neighbor three doors down has the DC LB... tempting...

14. Aug 3, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Here is a close up of the hardware the bolt on's come with. Gold coated grade 8 fine thread bolts shipped with antisieze already on them, grade 8 SAE washers and thick 1/4" nut plates that use special high nuts so there is plenty of room for the weld and also the wrench. The ones with the handles go into the front of the frame where it's boxed, and then rotate until they hit a wall, this way you don't have to shove the wrench up into the boxed area where it's hard to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captured 2004-6-14 00004.jpg
    Captured 2004-6-14 00008.jpg

15. Aug 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM
    tisher49

tisher49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Orange, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '08 4.0L 4x4
    K&N Air Filter, Westin Bull Bar with PIAA fog lights, Retrax cover, Alpine Head unit with I-Pod interface, maglite mount, Color matched grill surround w/ Grillcraft mesh
    I finally got the sliders on. Over the course of the past month or so I've been bed lining them bit by bit (we had a stretch of about 27 days that were close to 100% humidity, not the best for painting). All told I put about 4-5 coats of bed-liner on.

It was a very easy process and I'm really glad I got these. Thanks beef.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids

Love the new sliders, Beefed really came through and exceeded my high expectations.

One tip to anybody the goes the bolt on slider route when it comes to drilling through the frame it will be a 100000X easier drilling if you put your drill on a floor jack (like an upside down drill press) and have one person drilling and the other person SLOWLY raising the jack (it’s not a race go slow). I have no idea how anybody can drill through that frame without this trick. If this doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll do a write up.
    Sliders - What should I paint / line them with
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/97960-sliders-what-should-i-paint-line-them.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM
    senna

senna Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose CA.
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAB TRD-OR OME shocks 885 and AAL
    I am interested in these, non kick out, please.
    What do the hybrids consist of ? pricing ?
    what is the lead time?

18. Aug 13, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    senna

senna Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose CA.
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL CAB TRD-OR OME shocks 885 and AAL
    Can you give me some detail as to how the rear section will look without the kick out.

Also on the hybrids, square tubing under the pinch weld and square legs going back to the mounting plates on the frame, correct? what size square tubing?

I am going out wheeling tomorrow, I will check out a few slider to see what width I prefer.

I really like the way you did the bolt on mounts.

do you make any other products? looking for a rear shackle flip.

19. Aug 19, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    Beefed Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Did you check out sliders and get an idea of what you like?

update:

I'm close to being caught up on all of these. I currently have 3 pair to build, but that's better than the 9 or so that I had a couple months ago. I'm ready to take a few more orders if someone is ready to get a solid pair of rock sliders that offer features others don't. (legs furthest out toward the ends where they should be, a rear slider foot for the leaf hanger, original design that flows nicely, and the nicest hardware kit offered imo) Plus, these are true *sliders* that bolt to the frame and not the cab like *steps* do.

Turn around time at this point will be in the 4-5 week range. It's been a super slow month and a half as far as orders go, so if 1 or 2 people ordered a set it would really help me out right now and you'll receive a nice set of sliders. It's crazy how slow things have gotten in the last month. I normally get all kinds of different orders, but lately nothing, right after I got the shop too of course. Help me help you. :thumbsup:

#1. Vi (narrow)
    #2. Brian (medium)
    #3. Zach (medium w/kick up's)

Beefed1.jpg
    05NP.jpg
    Captured 1004-4-13 00003.jpg
    Captured 2004-6-14 00003.jpg
    Captured 2004-6-14 00008.jpg
    Captured 2004-6-7 00002.jpg
    Captured 2004-6-8 00001.jpg

20. Aug 19, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    All these sliders make me droooool. :drool: Can't wait to get my hands on a set. :thumbsup:

Those of you that are debating about getting them should order now to get on that list!

To Top