1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cb radio antenna: where should I mount?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by rberumen2, Oct 29, 2011.

?

Where should I mount antenna?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2011.
  1. Behind cab

43 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. By tailgate

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. ratfink504

ratfink504 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    New Orleans
    Vehicle:
    RIP 06 Tacoma Two Tone TRD Sport 4x4
    ^^^ What he said... Also you want it as high as you can get it. What will happen when you mount it on the back of your truck you will get better TX/RX wherever your truck is pointing and poorer TX/RX behind your truck. By mounting it in the middle of your truck you now have an Omni directional pattern so your signal is more like a circle... Now with that said I have a 2m fire stick mounted on my brush guard, a 2m/440 on my hood by the driver side door and a 9' whip off my passenger side rear bumper.

Edit: Also our beds are plastic so you NEED to run a ground wire from the antenna to the frame IF you do not use an antenna that has an isolated ground plane built into like the Firesticks..

2. BillyBathgate

BillyBathgate New Member

Member:
    He never said he had a truck first of all. This is a trucker forum but he might be a 4 wheeler.

In that case, buy a K30 no need for a K40 for a 4 wheeler. Put it on your roof in the center for the best tx rx but for good tx rx and looling cool, besides the mc d drive thrus knocking down a 40 incher vs a 30 incher, PUT IT on your trunk, in the center closer to your rear window but at least 1 foot away, sorry, not more than 1 foot away. Get a Cobra Radio 29 LTD and use a srock mike, just push up the modulation on your tx. breaker 19:eek:

3. LUSETACO

LUSETACO Central Scrutinizer

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Aim-ish country PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OFFROAD 6spd
    FM 10 series, K&N 63 series intake, 5100's at 2.5, TSB springs, Connex 3300HP,Fat Boy 2 pill, Wilson 1000, Dual ammo cans, Cue ball shifter, color matched bumper, Homeroshi grill, car seat mod, Hella triple tone air horns, AVS vent visors, Debadged, Deflapped, Custom painted eyelids and third brake light, Custom radio antenna , Rugged Cover, Husky mats, yellow fogs, Warn shackle, 265/75 16 Trail Diggers, American Racing wheels, Rugged T bedside decals, Ultra Gauge, too much homemade stuff to list.
    ^^^^ Drugs. Don't do em.

4. DWreck

DWreck Famous Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
  5. ssmith29440

ssmith29440 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TxPro Trd
    Steel whip with 500 watt linear. Great combo.

To Top