1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Emblems

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by MetalMiller, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    That is ridiculous!

2. Jan 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    ffbartlett

ffbartlett Well-Known Member

Member:
    southern california
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab 4x4
    tint, bfg's, 5100's, tunnel cover.
  3. Jan 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    EmblemArt

EmblemArt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    EmblemArt.com
    Utah
    Marsh, what was your design? We can look into it.

On that same note it would be a good idea, that when posting quotes you explain what you asked for, as many designs have varying factors that significantly effect the price. Posting how much the quote was for doesn't really help anyone.

Pricing is a straight per sq inch cost plus some setup costs.

As far as the $414 is concerned, I can give you a website that charges a minimum of $1000, and sometimes up to $10,000 for what we offer here. EmblemArt and Metalmiller have developed a pricing system that is fair and quite reasonable. You will not find prices this good for this custom product anywhere.

If you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

4. Jan 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    EmblemArt

EmblemArt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    EmblemArt.com
    Utah
    Marsh,

I've looked into your quote request. You had requested some antlers for a 2005 taco.
    The dimensions for that would be 6.55 inches tall by 8.55 inches wide.

That is a HUGE emblem!!! It completely explains the quote. Not to mention the request for grinding, powder coating and hardware. As well as the setup costs. If you get a piece of paper and measure out those dimensions you will see how large it really is.

The quote was actually for $441, not $414 as well. Just so you are aware.

We are sorry that this seems a bit far off your budget, unfortunately there isn't a whole lot that can be done for it. If you would like a smaller version of the emblem, that fits inside the oval instead of protruding from it, that would change the quote significantly. However I don't think that is what you are looking for.

The 2005 taco emblem is 5.5x3.75, at those dimensions you are looking at an emblem for around $228.75 including setup and options. The simple fact is that you asked for an emblem that is way larger than the majority of emblems that we make. And by not posting the details you make it seem like we are trying to take advantage of you, which is not the case at all. We invite anyone to post their quotes here on the forum, just be sure to include the details including the options and dimensions. It would help us all out!!

Mind you all, these emblems are featured in trucks that go to car shows such as SEMA. They aren't crumby pieces of half sanded plastic. They are precision cut, hand ground, practically indestructible emblems.

We hope that you don't feel like we are being unreasonable, and now that we have explained a bit more, can see where the costs come in to play.

5. Jan 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    havent received an email back about the duck unlimited logo. should i send another email?

6. Jan 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    MARSHBUSTER

MARSHBUSTER Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Alamogordo NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 4X4 Tacoma TRD
    Grill Gaurd/ Winch Bumper, Mile Marker 9000 LBS Winch, Custom Head Ache Rack, Custom Rear Bumper, Marathon Camo Max 4 Seat Covers
    Emblem Art, I didnt ask for that size thats the size Bree told me I needed to replace my grill emblem. And I wasnt complaining about the price I was just wondering if thats the normal cost for a grill emblem. I understand there is alot of work that goes into doing this.

7. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    darcivic00si

darcivic00si Love this forum!

Member:
    First Name:
    Darci
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '20 Super White TRD PRO Manual!!!
    Yeah, go ahead and use any of the pics...thanks for the info on the threads.

8. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM
    darcivic00si

darcivic00si Love this forum!

Member:
    First Name:
    Darci
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '20 Super White TRD PRO Manual!!!
    The quote for my emblem was:

Custom aluminum emblem with steel backplate (toyota trucks; total $293.80)

2011 taco
    toyota trucks design
    t shape - 1/4 inch aluminum #7 polish
    backplate - 1/8 inch black powder coated steel
    mounting hardware
    grinding

I think it was worth it...like Travis said, these are not cheap emblems, they are aluminum and/or steel.

9. Jan 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    EmblemArt

EmblemArt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    EmblemArt.com
    Utah
    Marsh,

Yeah man the dimensions for the emblem you requested are that large. The antlers protrude from the oval. Hence the increase in the price. As you asked for the antler we assume you were talking about that design. If you weren't we definitely apologize for the confusion.

As far as the ducks unlimited emblem, Bree, Our quotes manager should have gotten back to you, I remember looking over her shoulder when she was reading that quote, maybe the response got filtered into your junk mail? That's been happening a lot lately with EmblemArt emails for some reason, I can't figure it out.

10. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    ok ill check again thanks

edit: i just checked again and no email...maybe it got lost in cyber space:notsure:

11. Jan 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    EmblemArt

EmblemArt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    EmblemArt.com
    Utah
    Totally possible!!!! It happens all the time. I don't know what the deal is. We will resend the last email we sent you. In the meantime feel free to send us another email just to be safe. We have a lot of stuff going on on a daily basis. Thanks man!

And to everyone else, I have tied this TW account to my personal email so feel free to pm me or metal miller with any questions or requests!!! As for myself I check my email all day during normal business hours so you're sure to get a quick response!!!

12. Jan 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    MetalMiller

MetalMiller [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shreveport, La
    I have some good news regarding the custom emblems! We had such a good year last year that we were able to make some improvements to our process and increase efficiencies. This will help lower the price of all of our custom pieces. I will post updated pricing information over the weekend.

If you have a design in mind, shoot me a pm or email me at metalmillerorders@gmail.com and we can start working something up.

13. Jan 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    EmblemArt

EmblemArt Member

Member:
    First Name:
    EmblemArt.com
    Utah
    That's right guys!!! Working together with MetalMiller has proved to be awesome. So great in fact that we here at EmblemArt don't have the ability to keep up with the TW orders and orders from out site at the same time. So MetalMiller is taking over TW orders now. And with the improved effecency that we have been working on MetalMiller will be able to offer a better rate as well!!!

We can do this because of the great response from you guys here at Tacoma World!!! Thanks for everything.

14. Jan 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    MetalMiller

Member:
    Shreveport, La
    Heres a screenshot of a design I just drew up. Its to be done in polished aluminum and has a powdercoated black backplate. The lines on the design are etched lines added for definition.

masons2genstandalone_c94a5451a84ea53e12a2ee44b2316a6e8ab063aa.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    MetalMiller

Member:
    Shreveport, La
  16. Feb 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    01Tac0ma

01Tac0ma Bash Fabriction & Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    West Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    SAS 01 TRD 4x4
    Look at build!
    :drool:

17. Feb 9, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    Got this back in may 2011, don't think I ever posted pics! about a year later I still get people asking about it all the time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got my old trusty OneShot pinstriping paint out and did the engine cover to match it lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Feb 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    MetalMiller

Member:
    Shreveport, La
    I'm diggin the cover!

19. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    Jib Bandits

Jib Bandits Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".

Member:
    First Name:
    Ari
    Cedar Fort, UT
    Vehicle:
    06 Access TRD Sport
    Red devil horn emblem, All-Pro Expo leafs, Fox shocks, K&N CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, Flowmaster american thunder dual exhuast, Defender roof rack, Hell Bent steel level kit, Rigid Dually LED lights, smoked halo headlights, smoked LED taillights, Cobra CB, red badge mod(+30 HP), Spider-Trax wheel spacers!
    Thanks!

Yeah I was worried how it might turn out since I just freehanded it haha, but it turned out awesome! only took like 5 minutes too..

20. Feb 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    MetalMiller

Member:
    Shreveport, La

Products Discussed in

To Top