1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

D rings only in rear of bed - what to do about front?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by jftaco, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Jul 2, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    jftaco

jftaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner Off Road Pkg
    Hi all -

My '09 TRD package came with the bed liner and tie downs on rails, along with 2 'D rings' in the back of the bed.

But for whatever reason, Toyota decided to EXclude a pair of D rings in the front right/left of the bed. Wondering why, but who cares----fact is, I NEED them to tie down my sportbike for track days. I just had my first track day (school, 2-day) and am now of course hooked. I rented a U-haul motorcycle trailer for this and that worked out fine but of course I saw a bunch of guys who just tied their bikes down right in the back of their beds... why own/rent a trailer esp if you just have 1 bike? Anyway, I digress...

I thought about taking it to a dealer or independent place, but dealer may be pricey to drill/install a pair of them in the front corners. What have any of you done in order to get 'D rings' into the front of your bed? I know you have to drill to get this done and although I'm a DIY'er for a fair amount of things I don't know that I want to try and tackle this, esp where the integrity/strength of the rings are concerned. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Jul 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    Buell

Buell Instagram: @thebuell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Brooklyn, NY
    Vehicle:
    1970 Chevy Nova
  3. Jul 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    jftaco

jftaco [OP] Member