1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine tick and ............

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Terminous, May 25, 2010.

1. May 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    Terminous

Terminous [OP] Member

Member:
    San Joaquin Delta, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Stock 05 Prerunner
    Hi all. Im new to the site and have a few questions. First I have an 05 Taco Prerunner, 4.0L, 98,000 miles. I have developed a valve train tick that I will be taking it to the dealer for next week. The service manager has told me the valves are not adjustable, so I am concerened. Has anyone had this issue? I have maintained the truck myself, using Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic oil since its first oil change. I am the original owner. I also have a loud clicking sound from the front brakes whenever I brake going from forward to reverse, or reverse to forward. If I brake lightly I hear 2 distinct loud clicks, one from each side I think. Both front and rear brakes are original! About 15-20% pad remaining in front, and the same in the rear. Yep, lots of freeway miles. Truck is in street use 95% of the time. Thanks in advance for your help! Oh ya, how do you check the auto trans (2WD) fluid level? Is that a level plug on the side of the trans case?

2. May 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    btkicker

btkicker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Reg Cab Manual
    Do a search in the faq section. There's a plastic valve you replace and tick should go away.

3. May 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
  4. May 25, 2010 at 9:09 PM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    try 91 octane

5. May 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM
    Terminous

Terminous [OP] Member

Member:
    San Joaquin Delta, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Stock 05 Prerunner
    Thanks for the tip on the PWM valve. I'll try it.

6. May 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    silverboy

silverboy Member

Member:
    Did your truck got fix because I have the same problem, can you let me know and what is the PWM valve thanks for the opinion.

Products Discussed in

To Top