1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Florida B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Several of you guys have this radio and like it, right? About to pull the trigger on at least a truck radio, if not one for the truck and a handheld, both of which this radio seems to accomplish.

Thanks!

Fink[​IMG]

2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    That's a popular alternative to the Cobra 75WXST. I personally haven't used that radio, but I've heard its a very good one.

It one ups the Cobra by being able to become handheld, where as the Cobra has to be hard wired into the truck.

3. iamsuperbleeder

iamsuperbleeder Licensed Lunatic

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Lake City, Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner Taco - SOLD -
    TRD E-locker rear axle swap, Cherrybomb Extreme muffler, custom made CAI, 2.5" spacer lift up front and AAL's in the rear, Sport model seat swap, Pioneer X940BT, Kicker shallow 10" and 12" behind the back seat
    when I'm not romping through mud holes at work, I'm driving through the warehouse :p

[​IMG]

background story, were putting CBs in all the yard trucks, already got one in mine and another truck. we're setting up a base station in our warehouse distribution office and after putting the antenna on the roof and running the cable down into the warehouse, I drove my yard truck pictured there into the warehouse and plugged the antenna into the CB in it and the other guy took the other truck with the CB in it out and I into the yard to check reception. only reason is because the base station radio hasn't came in yet :rolleyes: but it worked out great, prooved my theory that once we got the antenna up on the roof and out of the metal warehouse the reception would be fine :cool:

4. michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    2 inch aal in the rear and a spacer in the front
    Plasti dip'd my emblems today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  5. JpAdct

JpAdct Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brevard County FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Xtra Cab 4WD
    Nothing at the moment, just got her with 235,000 miles. Bringing her back to beauty.
    Thanks for the help Nammer, I think I better go find one on a lot to drive or something before I order one.

6. Nicko

Nicko beach bum

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicolas
    South Florida
    The camper tops arent so bad visibility wise, i have had one
    On my truck for the past year and i can see
    Out my rear view perfectly fine.

It all depends on how clean you keep the windows and if you
    Tint the s''t out of them. Ive never had any issues with visibility.

7. Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    Looks like my bumper is taking the long way to get here. Went by my local fastenal this morning to check and its still not here. The manager called some last and said it is currently somewhere in Minnesota. It should hopefully be here Thursday.

[​IMG]

8. nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 DCSB
    15000K HID headlights 3000K HID fogs LED Front Side Marker Bulbs LED License Plate Bulbs LED Front Turn Signals Color Matched Grille Color Matched Side Mirrors and Door Handles CB radio and PA speaker Overhead Compass and Temperature Window Tint Anytime Fog Light Mod Bakflip G2 Westin Stainless Bull Bar Pop N Lock PL5300 UltraGauge K&N Intake Stant Locking Gas Cap Color Matched Rear Bumper Jet Throttle Body Spacer
    yea good point, i didn't remember any film on it, but i guess i was basically looking through 3 layers of tint/dyed glass

here was the one i had

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/florida/174106-f-s-topper-double-cab-short-bed-tampa-area.html

9. Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3' lift with Dakar rear leaves, 33x13.50 Super Swamper LTBs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, Lincoln Locked front diff, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 2' Firestik II, Garmin GPS
    The one I had on my F250, I removed the front glass from the shell. I could see out of it a heck of a lot better then. My advice would be to get the shell without the front glass and have them install a gasket that seals the shell to the back of the cab. Barring that, get one that has the fold down front glass so you can clean it and the back window of the truck easier.

As was said, keeping the glass clean is critical if you're going to be able to see out of it. I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but you have to be extra diligent with the shell glass than you normally do with the truck glass. Or you could just get used to using your outside rearviews. It's really not a bad practice to use anyway.

10. colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    Oh my god :laugh:

that's some quality efficiency right there.

11. Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3' lift with Dakar rear leaves, 33x13.50 Super Swamper LTBs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, Lincoln Locked front diff, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 2' Firestik II, Garmin GPS
    I know, right? And I thought it was bad when it took my wheel spacers 3 days to get out of Oregon. :eek:

12. Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    I thought it seemed a little out of the way. But the guy who I think is the manager at my local store has really helped me out a lot. Hopefully Thursday, if not then it might be next Monday.

13. colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    There's a reason i've hand deelivered everything i've built for people that is too large to fit in a box.....

i'm sure i'll have to fastenal one day to ship something, but i'm not looking forward to it.

14. colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    That'd be nice to have it for the weekend

15. Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Well at least my new LEDs will be here tomorrow for my fogs. Got a pair of the "6 led pods" from okledlightbars. Basically the Chinese version of the Dually 2's.

16. colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    :popcorn:

i've been considering swapping out my stock fogs for some D2s (or equivelant) with the amber filters.

17. Toyota Tech31

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    I am looking forward to playing with these tomorrow night when it gets dark. They should be pretty bright. And they are running a GB on them right now. Can't argue with a pair of them shipped to your door for $120.

18. Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Got a question: I've almost talked myself into getting a dome mount for my CB antenna and mounting it on the roof. I have a 2' firestik with a spring base and I like the clean look and the large ground plane bonus I'd get from the dome mount. However, I'm worried that even with the spring, dragging the antenna under low hanging limbs and what not on the trails will eventually cause the sheet metal around the mount to work harden and crack. Is this a valid concern or am I just over thinking it?

19. colinb17

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Lusby, MD
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    put a sizeable backing plate on the inside of the roof and you should be good to go. with just the dome mount itsself, i think your concern is valid. most of those mounts are more typically used with a whip, or even spring based whip. the firestiks are just so solid and heavy in comparison.

20. ckeene9

ckeene9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB Supercharged 4x4 TRD Sport
    See Build Thread
    Was really surprised and pleased that ATO ships with a normal company. Can't remember if it was FedEx or UPS but should only take a week.

To Top