1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Foihdzas's Pluckey Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Foihdzas, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas [OP] VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    Extra fog lights behind grill, Pro Form rubberized undercoat, Fog lights on w/ high beams mod, Lighted 4wd switch, Husky Liners, 12v always on, Yellow wire mod, DEVIL HORNS BABY!! OME 886's Nitrochargers w/ 1.5" AAL with 1" lift block, Redline hood struts, front/rear winch wiring, Blue Sea systems Fuse Block, Spidertrax spacers, Wet Okle seat covers, ECGS front diff Bering Replacement Are LR UCA's right for me???
    My build starts two years late. Since the modifications done to my truck all seemed minor, I had no thought to document them, but I am really starting to get a list of small things going, and one big item being installed soon.

Well, this is she...

The day I brought her home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first modification was to give her a name, since all of my other vehicles received names when I brought them home from the stealershipsal.

Her Full name : Jin Ookami Subarashi
    Direct Translatioin: Silver Wolf Awesome. (don't judge)

Lights .... I love lights!

[​IMG]

Lighted 4x4 switch- http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rcbs204/68173-rcbs204-4x4-illuminated-switch.html

[​IMG] (picture from rcbs204)

Next was some storage and a custom bed rail rack for skis/other stuff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rebadge
    [​IMG]

Add some REP.
    [​IMG]

Husky Liners all Around
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to keep the rain out whilst on the coast

[​IMG]

DEVIL HORNS: By Andres http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/182262-october-2011-devil-horns-batch.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next was some recovery help. Since I plan on getting a plate bumper, I will need a temporary front recovery point.

[​IMG]

( I cut a hole in the front skid, and put an axle strap around the front cross member)

We cleared out my parents' garage and put two stock tacos in.
    [​IMG]

Then in the day to pass.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CV right after lift
    [​IMG]

CV after two days of off roading
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, got stuck whilst in 2wd - Rookie move
    [​IMG]

A post lift picture
    [​IMG]

Hey there! For those of you who are thinking of getting an OME lift and may think the ride is too stiff, <I am running 885's Nitrocharger shocks and an AAL> THE RIDE IS AMAZING! Over stock bilsteins, the nitrochargers soak up the bumps. I have about 150 pounds of crap in my box, as normal, and she took the washboard and big potholes on the de-activated roads like a champ. I also have top plates for the full 3", and I could not be happier. I have gotten the truck aligned, and as expected, the caster is not to spec, but I cannot detect any difference. between before lift and after. She tracks straight and wheel centers no problem. I still have a rear driveshaft harmonic vibe from 30-60 kph, but even with 2.5 degree shims, I can't seem to get rid of it. The price you pay for changing a stock driveline.

Here are my alignment specs post lift [​IMG]

Removed Secondary Air Filter/Ordered an AFE drop in.
    After waiting a month for my AFE filter, it is here!

I didn't bother taking a picture of the install... why waste the space on the interwebs.

[​IMG]

I finally found a canopy! I was not prepared to spend over $1800 for a piece of fiberglass and windows, so I have been looking since I bought my truck.

I found a snugtop from a person who didnt need it anymore, for $750. A pretty good deal, considering they retail for over $2000.

[​IMG]

I also built a sliding toolbox and something to put a small mattress in if I ever have to sleep in the back of my truck.

<Pictures to come>

Redline Hood Struts

Winch Connection

Just bought a MV-50 for my future OBA install. For now, It just sits in the cab until I have the money and time to figure it all out.

I am currently re wiring all of my aftermarket lights, so I dont have an octopus of wires coming off of my battery terminals. I have a Blue Sea Systems 5026 fuse block,
    and I will be making a bracket to hold it, and three relays for lights and my compressor.

And here it is!

Template
    [​IMG]

Bending it
    [​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got myself a new sig thanks to 650H1!

I just pulled the trigger on an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar and a 4X Innovations Rear bumper

The Front.

[​IMG]

Paint:
    [​IMG]

The morning we decided to put it on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am very happy with the 4X bumper. Although shipping took longer than expected due to weather, and a miscommunication with 4X... All is well, and it in my opinion is OVERBUILT! If i ever get in to a serious accident, the bumper will be fine, my frame, will probably look like something that just got hit by a train.

I guess i'm going to need a new sig!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. Mar 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    NRXTM

NRXTM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2011 toyota tacoma
    AAL?

3. Mar 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
  4. Mar 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Foihdzas

Foihdzas [OP] VA7PTZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    B.C Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab 5' Box 6 Speed
    Extra fog lights behind grill, Pro Form rubberized undercoat, Fog lights on w/ high beams mod, Lighted 4wd switch, Husky Liners, 12v always on, Yellow wire mod, DEVIL HORNS BABY!! OME 886's Nitrochargers w/ 1.5" AAL with 1" lift block, Redline hood struts, front/rear winch wiring, Blue Sea systems Fuse Block, Spidertrax spacers, Wet Okle seat covers, ECGS front diff Bering Replacement Are LR UCA's right for me???
    Bingo! I drove to oroville to pick up my lift and a buddies lift. Removed the struts and did the rears last night. Was up till 1:30. Then this morning we had the springs compressed, and coilovers assembled. Installed by noon! Found some mud, got stuck twice :) I am super happy with the lift, and rides awesome!

To Top