1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FX-R Retro progress...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by AsianAnts, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    ready for paintin... thats all for tnight.

btw i added a few more tapes in other spots to make it look even.

[​IMG]

2011-06-27 21.48.10.jpg

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    ^^^nice!! :thumbsup:

3. Jun 28, 2011 at 1:13 AM
    flatfeet

flatfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Hilo
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 DBL CAB
    RCD 4.5 lift, 18x9 BFD, 305/60-18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's, projector HIDs, TRD exhaust, AFE intake, onboard air, led dash mod, train horns.
    Looks good man. I was set on the Morimoto D2s but I think these FX-R's look way better.

4. Jun 28, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    Subd! I'm set on these FX-Rs, looks good so far man :thumbsup:

5. Jun 30, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    :D thanks, ill be painting this weekend and baking the other headlights to tape and paint too.

6. Jul 1, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Quick question, so when you paint the reflector bowl and shroud did you do the preburn in the oven with the projector in it? Before I start my retrofit i want to get all the info I need and it just doesnt seem right to have the projector in the oven at all

7. Jul 1, 2011 at 5:33 AM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    when i did mine, i put the projector in the oven. i was worried about it to but it was ok, just dont have the bulbs in there with them

8. Jul 1, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Cool and by chance do you remember the temperature you had the oven set to?

9. Jul 1, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    if i remember correctly, i read 250 to preburn....250, turn off oven and put the stuff in to preburn for 10 min

10. Jul 1, 2011 at 6:55 AM
    XPOTRON

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    thanks man, yea that was my only concern before staring my retro but today it shall begin!

11. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    yayuh! post progress too, we want to see :) or at least i do :p

12. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    i stand corrected:

Preburning:After you have painted the bezels, place them back in the oven at 250 for 5 minutes with the oven ON. This will unify your spray paint and make it look nicer and the way it is supposed to look. (this also glosses up overspray).

this is based off of viet2100 bhlm thread
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/65226-how-black-head-light-mod.html

13. Jul 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
  14. Jul 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    I'm sure just about any glass cleaner would work. I use Windex and a micro fiber towl when I did mine and the other headlights I've done.

15. Jul 1, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
  16. Jul 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    was busy being busy.... no progress yet on these.

on a side note, i recieved the correct harness (h4) from TRS!

17. Jul 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    was on a mission to find the yellow stained glass spray paint from krylon...on the way, here is what i stumbled upon

also, found the paint and sprayed the reflector/chrome!! .. took apart the other headlight and did the same!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011-07-08 19.07.38.jpg
    2011-07-08 19.07.52.jpg
    2011-07-08 20.14.52.jpg
    2011-07-08 20.15.05.jpg
    2011-07-08 20.15.15.jpg

18. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    anybody wanna help me aim the lights this weekend and seal up the last one/install it on my truck?? help is much appreciated :)

19. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    llama :p

had to do some cleaning on the inside and touch up a corner of the bowl that i got... there were some dust and the corner of the bowl had a paint chip.. it's all good tho :p

20. Jul 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    :spy: thats what they think too

To Top