1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hammer Hangers® by Archive Garage 2005-2023 Tacoma Shackle Hangers

Discussion in 'Archive Garage' started by ARCHIVE, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Nov 13, 2017 at 4:57 AM
    ARCHIVE

ARCHIVE [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orchard Park, NY (Buffalo)
    Vehicle:
    '05 Taco, '22 Tundra, '91 Cummins
    2.5" Fox relocation * Hammer hanger * Archive MD springs
    Hammer Hangers® by Archive Garage 2005-2023

Details and ordering here:
    https://archivegarage.com/products/bundle-hammer-hangers®-2005-2023-toyota-tacoma-hd-shackle-hangers

Video with Features and Options (still shows Version 2):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iSQXn6nr24
    Install Video:

https://youtu.be/FMK5CW86mWg?si=mGDy8-NDvllBOhx8

ALL leaf springs fit: Deaver, Dobinsons, Icon RXT, Atlas, Alcan, All Pro, Dakars, that other brand, you get the idea (All Pro and All Dogs supply narrow bushings!)

Ride Quality Reviews*:

"I got my HH and crosstube in the mail and was surprised at how heavy these things are. Compared to the stock hangers these feel like a brick vs a flash card. Once I had mine installed I was blown away by the ride quality improvement. I don’t understand why or how, but now my truck rides so much better. I have kings in all 4 corners and no sway bar in the front. On the stock rear the front always felt like a cloud while the rear was super harsh and I felt like my truck would jump side to side all the time. With these HH, my rear rides as smooth as the front now. It soaks the bumps up, and my ass end isn’t hopping all over the place. I am still on stock leaf springs and I don’t even want to upgrade those now. These HH have completed the ride quality I have been looking for. Only reason I will change my springs is when I get the archive shock relocate so I can get more travel. Overall 10/10 product, would absolutely buy again now that I have felt the difference. I knew ride quality would improve but I didn’t think it would improve half as much as it did. Great job on these Eric" (Stock springs)

"Over the last 5k having these on the most dramatic difference I've felt has been while towing. The rear end is far more stable going over rough spots on the highway that felt borderline out of control before the switch."

"I bought a pair of Eric's shackle hangers and they are AWESOME. Completely changed the feeling of the truck...the stock springs that everyone bemoans are totally transformed when their anchors are not flapping like a screen door in a stiff breeze." (Stock springs, 2016 AC)

"Believe the hype on these! Went from OME to Bilstein 8100/8112 and didn’t think the ride could get any better until I installed the hammer hangers. Thanks ARCHIVE for making a great product!" (OME Dakars)

"The HD Dakar jitters going over bumps is gone and the "feeling" of them being the HD leafs springs is almost gone actually. Almost like most of the reason they felt so rough is that the rear end would flutter/jitter when hitting bumps. It makes the ride with the bed unloaded a lot more bearable and comfortable." (OME )

"After about 2k miles of which 500 was on some of the roughest roads I've been on, I can say that I'm super impressed with these!" (OME Dakars)

"Update after driving it for a couple of days. WOW. Huge increase in how smooth the truck is. The rear end in not getting jarred going over bumps like it was before. The rear just takes the hit and soaks it up like the front end has done for years. Overall, I love the Hammer Hangers and they are built very well! (OME Dakars)

"Just from driving on the street I can immediately tell the improvement in ride quality. Its the real deal guys!" (OME Dakars)

"The truck rides very nice with the new setup... Stable, plush and droop for days with the 5100/B110's. A friend I was with couldn't stop commenting on how smooth the truck felt vs his similar setup on stock hangers and OME shocks(same leafpack and 885 coils). We did about 30 miles of access roads and didn't air down from 35psi." (OME Dakars)

"Oh man Eric , I love the Hangers! Feels so good. Even my passengers that I normally take wheeling noticed how smooth the rear end feels now. Thats saying a lot from regular folks that have no idea" (OME Dakars)

"I have to say it is pretty crazy how it changes the ride quality! It is AWESOME" (AP expo)

"For the hangers and cross tube. Holy crap I cannot believe the ride quality improvement from these. Everyone says it’s better, but I guess my expectations were a lot lower because I was blown away when I drove my truck. It’s a lot smoother in the rear, and going through turns you can really feel the difference from the rear end being more solid. 10/10 product would purchase again.
    Next on the list is archive shock relocation kit!" (Spring unknown)

"I was not prepared for such a dramatic change in ride quality after the install. If you haven't already read up on his hangers, I'd highly recommend them" (Icon RXT)

*Results may vary due to hundreds of possible setups and dozens of variables including vehicle load, tire weight and air pressure, shocks, springs brand and spring rate, etc.

Installer Review:

"I'd also like to give a shout out to Eric @archive_garage, I've installed a few different companies aftermarket Tacoma leaf spring hanger replacements and his is by far the best design, both fit and function wise. This is definitely another great product from his company and I'd recommend this over all the other options and that's speaking from install experience. His hangers are on a whole other level."

20200807_105151.jpg
    20190911_220500.jpg
    20190911_110453.jpg

Details:

WHAT THEY DO:

• Noticeably improve ride quality, improve handling by reducing rear sway, increase travel capacity (typ.12", max 14"), and vastly increase durability over stock flimsy hangers, which cause the annoying Tacoma rear jitters.
    • Compatible with EVERY Spring Over Axle (SOA) spring pack on the market, plus
    • Compatible with Spring Under Axle (SUA) conversions (4.5” shackles required)
    • Properly align parallel to leaf springs
    • A must for all Tacomas from stock commuter to fully built (No other mods are required to run these hangers)
    • NO LIFT on VERSION 3 (HH version 3 released 8/2020; Height with 4.0" shackles would be a hair lower than stock hanger/shackle) https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...a-archive-garage.519625/page-30#post-18927937
    Base Kit includes:
    • (1) Right hand & (1) Left hand hanger, laser cut and CNC bent 1/4" HSLA 50,000psi (30% stronger than mild) plate structure, fully MIG welded. >>>2 stage powder coat: blast, zinc base prime, semi-gloss black top coat<<<
    • (4) M14 Class 10.9 (Grade 8 equiv) shackle bolts and lock nuts (fits in OME Dakar bushing sleeves)
    • (8) 1/2” Grade 8 flanged frame bolts and flanged lock nuts Designed with factory rivet bolt pattern, but requires drilling out factory rivets thru to ½”
    • Written instructions provided. If you have longer shocks, longer brake lines ~24"-26" (20” stock) are required.
    • Trimming of exhaust tailpipe should only be needed with shock relocation and SUA springs) DO NOT ALLOW TAILPIPE TO SHOOT HOT EXHAUST AT HANGER/SHACKLE!!
    Shackle Options:
    • Reusing stock shackles (3.4") and OEM rubber bushings are totally fine for SOA (Fab'd shackles extend your lead time)
    • Select quality poly bushings/sleeves for the stock shackle for 10"-14" travel (must remove the stock metal/rubber bushings)
    • 3.6" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, come assembled w/ poly bushings & grease fitting.
    • 4.0" shackles fab'd from 3/16" steel, 1/4" wall DOM tube, come assembled w/ poly bushings & grease fitting. (4.0" shackles req'd for SUA, but work with any spring)
      3.6b.jpg
    Cross Tube Options (*Requires the spare tire be relocated*):
    • https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...-option-hammer-hangers-archive-garage.709534/
    • The Hi Clearance cross tube option further improves ride quality (~20% of hanger improvement), by increasing rigidity, and stopping frame from splaying out, and protecting frame from stress when one hanger drags. Jig-built for accuracy, 1.75" SQ tube steel w/ 1/4" flanges (9 lbs), 2 stage powder coat, includes hardware and 48 state shipping, HI & AK +$30 charge.
    • DIY your own cross tube: select (2) high strength steel bolting flanges and (4) bolts. You source the tube (Recommend 1.75" DOM .120" wall x 33.5"-trim to fit) does not extend the lead time. NO WARRANTY ASSISTANCE IF YOU USE A CROSS TUBE BUILT BY ANYONE BESIDES ARCHIVE.
    NOTE: Order Cancellation fee 10% (we pay fees on your payment)

Past Giveaway Winners:
    1. @LeftCoast post #128
    2. Doug G. post #366
    3. @dcoursler post #485
    4. John @Naveronski post #631
    5. James @Drtdvl90 in post #722
    6. Cameron Rowell in post #810
    7. Carter Nguyen in post #1036
    8. Kristoper Paxton in post #1111
    9. Art L. @splashflash in post #1274
    10. Fernando Bay. @ToyTacoNM in post #1552
    11. Jason @YSL in post #1553
    12. David in post #1871
    13. Thom Mcl. in post #2006
    14. Jon M @jonnymtb in post #2489
    15. David T. @bentdogtags in post #2490 (last giveaway)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024 at 6:27 AM
  2. Nov 13, 2017 at 5:01 AM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    Sweet!

ARCHIVE[OP] likes this.
  3. Nov 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM
    TACOVRD

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    Workin' on it....
    So I see on the ordering page there are notes for spring type. Are there different hangers for say Dakars vs Deavers or is it just for data gathering purposes in case there is an unexpected issue with some spring combinations?

4. Nov 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    It's so I can recommend the right shackle length and also Allpro and older Deaver springs come with narrower than stock bushings, spring eye spacers are a selectable option to remedy.

Eric

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Byb127 likes this.
  5. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:17 AM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    Damm those are beeeeef. Say I wanted to go this route but already have your shackle flip would it just bolt straight up with the holes I already have in the frame? Also are these basically an upgraded version of the shackle flip or something totally different?? I'm definitely interested just not exactly sure what all is going on hahahaha sorry

6. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:23 AM
    TACOVRD

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    Workin' on it....
    So for a SOA set up using either Dakars or the U402 expo Deavers, and just the standard OME set up, the stock shackles would be best correct?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:27 AM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Jon! I appreciate the honesty, it can be confusing I admit. This is a tension style hanger like the stock hanger, so nothing gets flipped. And for those who have a shackle flip, this bolts into the rivet holes you've already drilled out, so the hard part is already done.

8. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    To get the shackle to fully drop out, yes, longer springs like Deaver U402, All Pro Expo, Alcan should stay with a stock length shackle (Alcans are too long for stock hangers, something they also on Dodge but they dont listen to customers:mad:, so not sure the shackle will drop out). Dakars are short and might be able to get the long shackle option to drop out, not sure. The stock shackles are strong enough, and I have an option to supply quality bushings for stock shackles, but I don't know how much work it is removing stock steel/rubber bushings.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    TheDrMaSuess

TheDrMaSuess Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Loren
    South Jordan, UT
    Vehicle:
    "Big-Red" Tacoma
    Custom Bumper Fab'd by me, Warn VR-8s, Cab mount chop, Dosecc Sliders, Dosecc BedCage, CVT RTT, Timbren active offroad bumpstops F/R, Nitto Ridge Grappler, Blue Sea Systems Aux Fuse Block, PIAA Fogs, Rough Country X5 LIghtbar, EBC Stage 5 Brake Pads/rotors, 6" Tough Country Lift (hate it), AFE Cold air intake, Custom Exhaust, Nascar Tip
    @ARCHIVE You doing any other Black Friday special pricing deals?

10. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    What are you thinking? I was thinking about the shock relocation kit. I already have a great price on springs.

11. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM
    TACOVRD

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    Workin' on it....
    Ordered :cool:

Forgot my Tacomaworld handle in the notes section though...oh well.

ARCHIVE[OP] likes this.
  12. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:48 AM
    TheDrMaSuess

TheDrMaSuess Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Loren
    South Jordan, UT
    Vehicle:
    "Big-Red" Tacoma
    Custom Bumper Fab'd by me, Warn VR-8s, Cab mount chop, Dosecc Sliders, Dosecc BedCage, CVT RTT, Timbren active offroad bumpstops F/R, Nitto Ridge Grappler, Blue Sea Systems Aux Fuse Block, PIAA Fogs, Rough Country X5 LIghtbar, EBC Stage 5 Brake Pads/rotors, 6" Tough Country Lift (hate it), AFE Cold air intake, Custom Exhaust, Nascar Tip
    Just wondering. I'm looking to upgrade my suspension finally. Have a good amount of weight added now with bed cage, sliders, RTT, soon a rear bumper with tire carrier. Need to upgrade my components. Would love to "one stop shop" (as much as possible) if the prices are right.

Byb127 likes this.
  13. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:57 AM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    I can set you up based on your needs, individual basis currently

Byb127 likes this.
  14. Nov 13, 2017 at 10:57 AM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    Ohhh ok now I got it thanks Ya I actually love your shackle flip I was just curious.

ARCHIVE[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  15. Nov 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM
    ragincajun35

ragincajun35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB MG TRD Offroad
    See Builds....
    so wait... you guys sell a shackle flip and a HD shackle hanger... which is better?

16. Nov 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    Yes, tis true. The shackle flip has some compromises, but also good for rocks. The new Hammer hangers are right for 90% of people, and plenty strong for hitting rocks, and better travel capability than flip, both bump and droop. I think we'll see 13"-14" travel from some of the common springs, that's vertical non-articulated. Feels good having a shock relocation capable of 14"

Eric

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  17. Nov 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    ragincajun35

ragincajun35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB MG TRD Offroad
    See Builds....
    So i am currently flipped and my springs are flattening out and my rear end is too high. I would like to go back to factory geometry. Do i need to replace my rear springs if i choose to do these shackle hangers?

18. Nov 13, 2017 at 12:13 PM
    ARCHIVE

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    What springs? I bet you just bolt these Hammer hangers in and it will fix it up

ragincajun35[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Nov 13, 2017 at 12:25 PM
    Glenn_R

Glenn_R The Unicorn Turd Gen

Member:
    First Name:
    Glenn
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma DCSB OR Inferno
    Yes!!

20. Nov 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    ragincajun35