1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headed to Sedona for camping/ fishing trip any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by 2009 taco, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Apr 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    2009 taco

2009 taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    I will be camping at oak creek from 4-16 to 4-21. any suggestions for fishing spots, trails, sights or anything someone from cali might like? i have a 2009 prerunner that's pretty modified. I plan on fishing the grand canyon and checking out that African safari thing.

2. Apr 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    TidalWave

TidalWave I have a shovel and no one will miss you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mendy
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB
    4" Maxtrac Spindle lift, 33" BFG A/T, Avid weld on rock sliders and rear bumper, Smoked Projector Headlights, smoked tails and fogs, HID healights and fogs, flowmaster exhaust, Wet Okoles, debadged. Ready to take your milk money.
    Ive never camped up there, but definetly a few things you should see.

This church is gorgeous and has great views
    Chapel of the Holy Cross

780 Chapel Road l P.O. Box 1043 l Sedona, AZ

Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave...pel_of_the_Holy_Cross-BR-1.html#ixzz1IrOIVHvK

Go downtown and check out all the small shops, kind of neat. It will prob be a bit chilly at night, so plan for that.

Not of much help (one Californian to another).

3. Apr 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    jba headers, outlaw flowmaster, 3 inch pipes, k and n cold air intake, throttle body spacer, halo headlights, HIDs, deaver springs, kings all the way round, Built right UCAs, camburg spindles, Satoshi bumper and main grill, sliders
    Cool thanks. I will take lots of pics. Yeah I'm hoping for some good fly fishing

4. Apr 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Went for the first time two years ago, but didn't camp. Great place! Hiking around the mountains is beautiful - bring water! There are a few off-road trails I was able to easily do in my Wrangler. I think it was Schnebly Hill which goes on for 12 miles.

Cool Indian store called Kachina House nearby. Never made it to Slide Rock although I heard it's fun. DID go to Jerome while the Wrangler was in the shop. Crazy drive up there, has a haunted hotel at the top and is a bit artsy.

Also, if you have the time, you should definitely drive to the meteor crater North East of Sedona!

I look forward to hearing how the camping experience there is, though!

Check out:
    http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx...862167&lon=-111.760556&zoom=12&m=terrain&a=OD

5. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    Thanks for the info guys. i think thats more than enough to keep me busy for a week.

6. Apr 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
  7. Apr 13, 2011 at 2:23 AM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    Sounds great I'm going to try to do all those trails.do you think I will have trouble in a prerunner?

8. Apr 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

only if you are stock height, and dont have some grabby meats. some of the areas of th trail are very very easy...just be careful. there are several turn arounds on the beginning of broken arrow to let you out should you decide to "no-go".

4x4 for SURE if you plan on going up devils starcase....you"ll want some under armor also.

9. Apr 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    2009 taco

Member:
    First Name:
    juan
    lompton, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 sport
    Perfect thanks. I think I will do them all. I got a 4 inch lift and some 33 km2s. And will avoid devils staircase.

Products Discussed in

To Top