1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heated Seat Button Location

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TalieTaco, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Jul 9, 2017 at 6:19 PM
    TalieTaco

TalieTaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Pre Runner V6
    I am going to install some heated seats in my Tacoma soon, and wanted to know how to remove the square tabs near the usb/aux square where they are empty? I looked around for some answers, and couldn't quite find out how to do it. Here is a picture of the location I'm talking about:

IMG_1464.jpg

2. Jul 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM
    youcantseeme

youcantseeme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2015 SSM Taco TRD
    13 cupholders for beer. All the Weathertechs.
    I did it very carefully, with a small flathead.

3. Jul 9, 2017 at 7:54 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    yep they should just pop out

I'd use something plastic over a knife or screwdriver but they'll get it done too

4. Jul 10, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    TalieTaco

TalieTaco [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Pre Runner V6
    Here's the link to the kit I'm talking about. They have pics of various Toyota models that have button locations to put the switches in, assuming that the Tacoma buttons are about the same size. Those heated pads have wires that will go from the back of the bottom cushion and bottom of back rest, down I assume into the carpet, through the center console, and into the back of the center console I pictured above. How would I get those wires to the back of those buttons? Do I start at the center console and work my way forward? I assume if I did that, the screws and whatever else I run into will show themselves, but the lower part of the dash is the mystery. I can lightly push those tabs as you guys mention, but I would still need to get those wires back there to plug them into the switch.

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-seats-hea...4866fbd&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=3&sd=171988489192

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Nov 13, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    davidcliett

davidcliett Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Limited - Midnight Black
  6. Nov 13, 2017 at 7:10 PM
    Greenbean

Greenbean B.S. Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC 2.7L 5-spd 4x4 Utility Package
    Honestly, You can just pull the HVAC controls out first and reach back there with a finger and push the Audio unit out, then your able to get a finger in that opening and push our the end ones you need.

If your going to try prying, DO NOT use the sides of the plug areas, that gray plastic is very thin and will deform. Only try and slowly pry from the top or bottom edge.

If it were me I'd do all I could do to push it out from the back, BUT I'm pretty ADDHD with my stuff.

Tactical_Panda likes this.
  7. Nov 14, 2017 at 7:14 AM
    weendoggy

weendoggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aptos, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD ACOR 4x4
    Access Original Tonneau Cover; Toyota Side Tube Steps; Focal ISS690 front speakers; Clarion XC1410 mini amp; Gentex 453 rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, Temp and Autodim; Prodigy P2 trailer brake controller, Heated Seats from www.cobraheat.com, BriteAss Fogs, Phillips Extreme LED H/L. Heated mirrors from @Up2NoGood. 5100 Bilstein all four corners.
    I did a similar install to davidcliett https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...and-of-seat-heater.358256/page-2#post-9705137 and my advice is to pull all the components out and remove the lower switch console. It is VERY tight to get behind it due to the dash curve, but it could be done. Your other issue is running the wiring neatly. I used different switches to make mine fit. Take the time to do it right ONCE. btw, you're gonna' love 'em.

Products Discussed in

To Top