1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

help with Toytec group buy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RobbieB, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:33 AM
    RobbieB

RobbieB [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    Muscle Shoals,Al
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner sport
    :confused: I've looked and I'm more confused than ever and new to lifting toyotas so I'm just going to asked a stupid question.I just bought a '10 prerunner sport I would like to be able to run 285x70x17 BFG KO and 17x9 moto metal 951's.Is any of the kits from Toytec group buy what I need or would something else be better.I don't do any offroading this is just for looks and daily driver just don't want to rub and trying to keep a good ride the cheapest that I can.Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

2. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    no matter what you are going to have some rubbing when you run 285's. honestly, if you are going to lift your truck you might as well put quality parts in it whether you are going to be offroading or not. my two personal choices would be the complete or the the toytec and in that order. ome has great parts and many guys have ran both setups. since you want the cheapest you can go with the ome lift kit.

if the complete ome lift kit is too much, i suggest to get the with ome coils and an all but you are going to have a rough ride with the stock shocks on.

3. Nov 1, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah....If you are lifting for looks that group buy kit is more than a need. And meteora is right...You'll still get some rubbing.

You can use the OME kit. or even Billstien 5100s set at 2.5- then trim as required to get the tires to fit without rubbing.

4. Nov 1, 2009 at 5:31 AM
    RobbieB

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    Muscle Shoals,Al
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner sport
    thanks for the help so if I went with the bilstein 5100 with a add a leaf in back would that work or is that bascily what the group buy in option 3 or 4 is sorry for so many questions but I want to get what ever I need ordered.Would a different tire size be better but I want to stay with BFG KO.

5. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:09 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    option 3 and 4 come with eibach springs. if you want to just lift it with bilsteins and an aal, order your 5100's from downsouthmotorsports.com, just create an account and use the discount code BIL0509 and sonny will give you a discount for being a TW member. i believe you can get all 4 5100's for around $282 from him. order an aal from or for about $80 and you have yourself a pretty good lift. the good thing with the bilsteins is you can adjust your lift from 0.85", 1.75", up to 2.5".

as for tires, if you do not want to trim or dont want any rubbing, your best bet is to get some 265/75/17's. you can get the BFG's in this size too

6. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    RobbieB

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    Muscle Shoals,Al
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner sport
    thanks meteorman,ok I'm going to buy 5100 (what setting do you suggest 2.5) with toytec AAL rear and 17x9 moto metal wheels what size bfg do you recommend really want wider than stock maybe stick out about a inch or so from fender and a little taller don't mind trimming a little off inter fender if that is what you are talking trimming how about taking mudflaps off. I love your truck I wanting it to look like yours except mine is white like your dual exhaust to :D

7. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    it depends on if you want a level look or a little bit of factory rake. if you want some rake set them at 1.75" with the 1.5" and you will have a little bit of rake. if you want a level look set them to 2.5" and the aal. but i would recommend a differential drop at 2.5" so you will offset the harsh angles on your cv boots/joints.

your tires and wheels are already going to stick out from the fender because your wheels are 1.5" wider than stock and has less backspacing. if you are dead set on the BFG's your only two options are 265/70/17 which is 31.6" tall or 285/70/17 which is 32.6". you will have to do some trimming with the 285's and remove the mudflaps. or you can do what i did and modify the flaps with a dremmel so you can still run them. with 265's you should have no rubbing or very, very little.

thanks for the compliment, just got rid of my moto metals last night and the km2's last week :( . you will definitely love getting an exhaust for your tacoma :D

8. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    Sorry guys, I'm not trying to thread-jack but where's the toytec group buy? Can you link me to it? I looked in the GB section.

9. Nov 1, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

Products Discussed in

To Top