1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HomerTaco goes west....... ROAD TRIP!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by HomerTaco, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco [OP] also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I wanted to start a thread on this trip of mine.
    I have had the good fortune to meet many members of the site in person over the last +2 years and having said that I'm going to be meeting up with a few more of my TW friends in the near Future. :D

I've been seriously planning this trip since January - but in reality I've wanted to do it since June of 2010.
    In the summer of 2000 I took a two week long cross county road trip solo with my 1st gen:
    [​IMG]
    That trip took me from Pa to Va out to the badlands then Devils Tower and Yellowstone...
    It was an Epic journey at the time - and I wanted to repeat it on the 10yr anniversary in 2010. But with work & family that was just not in the cards.:(

So back in January Mr.Taco asked me what I wanted for my Birthday... I told her I wanted to go to Montana... Another solo road trip to see the country and at the same time meet up with some of the good folks I've come to know over the past couple years.
    - She graciously agreed... :yay:
    (BTW - Mrs.Taco is AWESOME!!!!)

So I'll be leaving Pennsylvania next Tuesday bound for Boseman Mt. for this Montana Meet that MTgirl has so kindly taken the time to put together:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/218077-montana-meets-summer-2012-a.html

This time the road trip will be taken with this:
    [​IMG]

My purpose for this thread is simply to document my trip & the people & places I see along the way...

Also VERY much looking forward to hitting the trails in MT...:cool: (hence the section I've posted in...):mudding:

My tentative plan is to leave on 8/21 in the afternoon and meet up with the Beech Creek crew at the BC Hotel for wings on Tues. night.

I don't have to be in MT to meet up with anyone until Friday around noon so whatever happens in between remains to be seen.... And that's the best part!:yay:
    Open Road here I come... :burnrubber:

(And all my love and appreciation to my wife Bonnie for her blessing of my adventure - I love you dear!)

2. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    Very nice. If you ever make it out to the west coast, (long road trip!) come by and say hi!

3. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    JayDirt

JayDirt I owe it all to little chocolate donuts

Member:
    Welcome anytime in the OC!

4. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Have fun! Sounds like something badass to do..I'd like to take a trip like that one of these days

5. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :popcorn:

safe travels Craig

6. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles

Good luck!

7. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Thanks guys but not California this time... :eek:

8. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I once took a road trip west. In 4 hours, I was in the same place I started.....
    :cookiemonster:

9. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Good luck Craig! I doubt you will come through Kansas, but if you do and have problems on the way home let me know. I will do the drive up north to help you out. It will not be next week but the week after I could.

10. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    Deathcure

Deathcure Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Wheeling WV
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma Off Road
  11. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC

love these road trip threads!

12. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Have fun! I'm :jellydance:

13. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    RMAN808

RMAN808 S)(AKALO)(AWAII

Member:
    First Name:
    Reid
    Pearl City, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD OR 4X4 Quicksand
    Sounds like a good time! :popcorn:

14. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    Corndawg

Corndawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab TRD off road Radiant Red
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
    is utah on the map?

15. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    This sounds awesome!! I definitely wanna go on a roadtrip one of these days! Have a safe trip Craig! Look forward to seeing some cool road trip pics :cool:

16. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    Damn. I never called you back. Just remembered when I seen this thread. The voicemail you left me the other day... I got you man. Let me know when.

Safe trip brother.

17. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    Good thing you're not going too far, you know, in case the world really does turn out to be flat...

Good luck!

18. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Subbed! Sounds like an awesome trip. :) I remember road tripping out that way when I was young, riding in the back of a truck with a camper shell and a mattress:eek:

19. Aug 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,

20. Aug 17, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    Thank you for all the well wishes everyone!

I forgot to mention in the OP that I also have two other 100% destinations on the itinerary... I'll be visiting the good folks at CBI in Little Falls Idaho and will also be making a stop at Devils Tower in Wyoming.
    Not sure when on the trip but they'll happen. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top