1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

in about 12 hours.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by the new guy 05, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Jul 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM
    the new guy 05

the new guy 05 [OP] Member

Member:
    mesa town
    Vehicle:
    o8 single cab tacoma preruner
    my taco goes into the dealer for the suspension tsb

told them that when i had a 300 lb bike in the back it was riding on the bumps practicly,

its a 08 prerunner reg cab 5spd

they are going to do it right?:confused:

havnt heard any one say they have taken care of the 08 yet and was told that it doesnt aply to the reg cab prerunner but that makes no sense to me because the sespension is exacctly the same as far as i know.

thanks for any help, i just dont wanna go all the way down there for nothing ya know?

big-v

2. Jul 23, 2008 at 11:13 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    the rear spring tsb only applies up to the 07 tacomas. some people on here have been fortunate to have their dealer perform it on the 08s, but it's rare if they do. good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. Jul 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Just saw this post. The TSB #SU006-07 states this exactly as written:

Applicable Vehicles: 2005-2007 model year Tacoma 4x4 and PreRunner vehicles(except standard cab)

4. Jul 27, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Any luck yet with the TSB on a reg cab?, I have only seen one posted that had it done, and the dealer just ordered the parts and did it with no questions(per the poster). Dealer prob lost that money, as the VIN would have alerted Toyota that vehicle was incorrect. I always wondered what alignment specs the dealer used to align the truck, since the chart is very specific; but then that dealer probably did not read that part either. If the truth be known; the dealer most likely found another trucks VIN to charge another TSB to, and hoped that trucks owner never asks for the TSB.

The reg cab 4WD/PreRunner uses the same 2 main leafs as the other 3 leaf packs, but a slightly thinner overload leaf, hence the different part number on the leaf pack assembly.

Products Discussed in

To Top