1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is my clutch bad?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by hiphopper37, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Mar 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM
    hiphopper37

hiphopper37 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Boston Area
    Vehicle:
    2012 5 lug tacoma
    fog lights tow hitch cool air intake alpine speakers tint upgraded tires roof racks
    Hey new to posting but have used this site for many fixes and research. Im sure there are many threads on this but couldn't find anything. Im currently debating on if my clutch needs to be replaced. For the last two years the RPM's would increase while getting on the highway and there is little power increase. This problem started around 35,000 miles and the shop said there was nothing wrong with it. Originally it would only happen on cold days but has recently started to act up on moderately nice days. A guy I work with told me to clean out the throttle body and mass air sensor which i did. Ran like a new car for a couple of days and then it happened again. I don't smell the clutch burning. Truck currently has 82,000 miles on it. Not sure if the K&N intake would affect it. Any thoughts?

2. Mar 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
  3. Mar 8, 2017 at 10:32 AM
    hiphopper37

hiphopper37 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Boston Area
    Vehicle:
    2012 5 lug tacoma
    fog lights tow hitch cool air intake alpine speakers tint upgraded tires roof racks
    Thank you. I was fearing that. Was hoping it wasn't as it stalls in first and the clutch pedal doesn't feel like its slipping. Felt like the throttle was stuck open. Will be going back to the shop in a few weeks.

Products Discussed in

To Top