1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought 2015 Tacoma and F'd it up 2 days later....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by override, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Oct 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM
    override

override [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Why do you say that? It's all good man, somehow, someway I'll get things back in order and the truck back to like new again.

2. Oct 23, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    tomwil likes this.
  3. Oct 23, 2016 at 11:49 AM
    steelhd

steelhd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB TRD OR
    Worst case is they replace the roof. Long ago when I was doing body work that was a fairly simple thing to do but obviously not cheap. I assume it still goes something like this. Remove the headliner, glass, wiring, airbags, then cut the pillars at the factory connection points. Make sure the cab is squared, pull pillars if necessary, and weld on the new top. Fill the joints, install glass, install headliner, bags, and wiring, paint, get paid. Easy money and the truck was literally good as new.

override[OP] likes this.
  4. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    badmonkey

badmonkey Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    NW NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco
    None, yet.
    Dang! Sorry man, that sux! Thanks for giving an honest account. The cam is a great feature, but your story makes me wonder if I depend on it too much. Maybe your story will help someone else! Who knows....could be me!

5. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:46 PM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Oh good lord.....I wonder if they can take the oil changes off the agreement still. How in the world do you forget to put oil back in the motor? That is beyond me....The oil change add on only jumped my payment up like $5 a month so to me I thought it was worth while since I travel everywhere and he said it's good at any stealership.

6. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    TegoTaco

TegoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tacoma DCLB TRD SPORT
    It happens to the best of us, I did it to my RSX, it was only a few months old when I did $5000 worth of damage. Backed into a pole, to top it off it was the only pole in an empty parking lot.

jpmorrisvb likes this.
  7. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Sure thing man...I hate that my second post on the forums was me damaging my new truck :/ I feel like an idiot for sure. It's very awkward to me using the camera, I feel while it does give a good view on center line the camera seems to make me focus on it more than my mirrors and looking back through the cab. I am not saying that using the camera is what caused this incident per say but it surely didn't help me out.

badmonkey[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Dang the only pole...that's gotta suck and hurt the feels a bit. I talked to my parents the next day after it happened and they said if you would of told us your were gonna go down there in your truck we would have warned you. So apparently I am not the only one who has hit that low cross beam o_O

9. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    The certified get 7 yr/100k powertrain warranties included, I'm thinking OP is confused or he bought/negotitated an extended bumper to bumper (platinum).

Sucks OP, let insurance figure it out, thats not gonna be a cheap repair as its the cab.

10. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:56 PM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    As explained in my reply to ManBeast - Yes the 7 Yr/100k is included...The bumper to bumper was an upgrade.

11. Oct 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    Yep certified comes with 7 yr/100k powertrain included. If you got a true bumper to bumper thats a platinum warranty which is something you would have to buy or the dealer worked into your deal/negotitation. Just make sure you check the paperwork as to which you got.

12. Oct 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM
    CurtB

CurtB Old Timer knowitall

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5
    Yup, back up cam... did $2300 worth to my truck last spring. I didn't see the fence corner post till I hit it. Bumper, tail light, bedside. Mine is in the mirror so it's pretty small, and that's my excuse... :(

btw I didn't tell anyone how stupid I was, so mums the word!!

13. Oct 23, 2016 at 3:57 PM
    Monkeybutt2000

Monkeybutt2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Whooo,this is a rough one. The roof skin is an easy fix, The cab sides however,not so much. It is a 1-piece side,meaning everything from the a-pillar to the c-pillar is all the same piece. I believe insurance would total this truck due to the labor cost to repair with new metal. There are alternatives,however. A "good" body shop should be able to easily fix this damage.

14. Oct 23, 2016 at 4:06 PM
    Crosis

Crosis Tertiary adjunct to unimatrix 01

Member:
    Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    I have had my truck for 7 years now and I still dont use the backup camera. Its a terrible replacement for a head and neck that turns.

15. Oct 24, 2016 at 3:22 PM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Researched body shops in my area and unfortunately the few shops with the best reviews are not in the Farms Circle of Dependability. On another note I did go to Caliber Collision and showed an employee the damage, he assured me that it would be fixed properly. Properly meaning that they would pull as much of the dents out and asses from that point, which could go as far as cutting and welding new panels. He also assured me that by regulation and to meet the criteria that allows them to be in Farmers Circle of Dependability they are not allow to use any more than a certain thickness of bondo, so basically just to smooth out minor imperfections after the repair is fixed before it is painted.

I will take it in tomorrow for the estimate and insurance will make the call from that point whether to proceed with repairs or call it a total loss.

Crosis likes this.
  16. Oct 25, 2016 at 9:15 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    You do understand that you can take it to Any Body Shop you want right? It doesn't have to be in their Farms Circle of Dependability.

ZachMX likes this.
  17. Oct 26, 2016 at 9:23 AM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Yes I understand that but there are some perks to using Farmers COD versus the other two shops, the major being that the repairs are covered for the life of the vehicle and the second lesser being that since the repairs are covered for the life of the vehicle and Farmers backs the repairs the shop is more apt to do it right the first time. Then after looking further into the other shops one is actually tailored more toward BMW, Lexus, Volkswagen etc and the Body shop portion of the reviews were non-existent, the Auto Repair (mechanical side) is what had all the good reviews. The second shops reviews after going through and reading a bunch of them I think are biased reviews, potentially bought off reviews and/or friends and family. The shop strongly advertises how they can do the repairs and you will pay no or minimal deductible from your policy, so my guess - the exchange is a positive review on google.

Update from shop this morning: Expected completion date is 11/29/16

While I am not thrilled about the date it does actually seem about right. The guy that deals with the Farmers claims told me they are about a week out on each vehicle that comes in due to all the hail claims that spanned the San Antonio area on the last bad hail storm we had and they are playing catch up (it was a really bad storm that I actually got caught up in on my motorcycle). So figure a week from the 25th would put me around November 2nd start date on repairs.

One plus I can give the shop is during the walk around estimate he said anything (scratches or small dents in the surrounding area) they will expand out and repair/repaint as long as it doesn't cause an entire panel to need to be repainted.

18. Oct 26, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    Fulton246

Fulton246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Given the age and low mileage, Farmers should replace the damaged parts with OEM. If not, you may want to get a quote from your local Toyota dealership (assuming they repair auto body damage). The Toyota dealership in my city will use OEM parts regardless of whether or not the insurance company approves them. They eat the difference so no cost is passed onto the customer. Not sure if all Toyota dealerships do that, but it may be worth looking into.

19. Oct 26, 2016 at 9:37 AM
    -mike-

-mike- Well-Known Member

Member:
    Same deal at Toyota here in So Cal. Got a 15' 10k miles with 7yr 100k. It is Toyota selling point.. although the odds of having to use it are slim.

20. Oct 26, 2016 at 9:58 AM
    override

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Tacoma Sport 4x4
    It's far to late to go about this now, I dropped the truck off at the shop yesterday and all the claim paperwork is done...On top of that I leave for work in a few hours and will be gone for 14 days, so I have expended my time and options. The guy that did the estimate said that they can repair no problems and they are also required by law to use all OEM stuff and document the repairs (photos and write up) for Farmers. The guy told me worst case scenario they would replace the skins but he seemed confident in his body guys that it could be repaired without replacing any metal. All in all in the end if I am not satisfied with the repairs I will just pitch a b*tch to Farmers and make them do it over until they get it done right. I will have access to all the photos and write ups of the repairs done so I will be able to review each step of the process once it's finished.

Products Discussed in

To Top