1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lighting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacouser, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sep 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Tacouser

Tacouser [OP] Tacoma User

Member:
    Chicago area
    Vehicle:
    12 tacoma Prerunner
    Cab LED's, Color matched front grill emblem,ARE color matched hard bed cover, Audio amp and new speakers
    I have a 2012 Tacoma. I want to add some LED's under the dash to light up the floor when the doors open. Has anyone done this? If so where can I tap into the lighting circuit under the dash or at the fuse panel.

2. Sep 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    WebRat

WebRat Active Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco Sport
    Removed badges, Tinted windows, Tube steps, Leveling lift, Brush Guard.
    I would be interested to see what is out there also. Flyzeye has a hardwired LED bar that might be close to what you want.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/165700-led-light-wired-version-poll.html

Cons are, not sure if it will reach all the way to the floor and at least the battery operated one only turns on when you turn it on and not when the door is opened. Looking at the battery operated one myself for the time being for extra lighting around the cup holders.

3. Sep 20, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    I did a shitload of LED's in my truck. In cupholders, under dash, under truck, in the bed, under seats, inside center console, etc.

I might even put a couple under the 4 doors so when you open the door they light the ground. I have lights underneath my truck also but still thought about doing door lights anyways.

All mine are on toggles or remote control so i haven't tapped into the wires for what you want to do. Would be cool for the ones I want to put underneath doors.....hmmm..

4. Sep 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I just ordered me some LEDs that im going to put in the center console and to light up the cup holder area... Cant wait!
    Went with white to match the rest of the 2012 lighting. :)

Im sure it can be done, you just need to tap into, say the power source for your dome light.

5. Sep 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    brianv3ntura

brianv3ntura Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville FL
    Vehicle:
    MGM'12 Taco TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB 4.0L 5spd Auto
    Stock for now.
    i dont know where the locations of what i'm about to tell you, but this is a general idea.

tap the power wire into the dome fuse. if its a multifuse, then you would need a wedge type tap. if it doesnt fit, just trim it a little so it will fit. then use a female connector to slide it on. For the ground wire,look up which ground wire is for the dome. it might be under the steering wheel. either splice yourself or use a spice connector.

if its just a standalone fuse, use a mini fuse tap.

for my celi, i tapped into the dome fuse since its constant power and grounded to a screw on the radio bracket. its controlled by a toggle switch so i can have it on whenever whether the car is running or not.

here's also a good explanation. for the 1st gen,but you can use the same concept

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top