1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a decent pair of Nerf Bars....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tribalgunner60, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    tribalgunner60

tribalgunner60 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    2008 (40 Series Flowmaster Exhaust, Stainless Steel Tube Steps, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Windows)
    Okay, so my wife tried to suprise me with a set of nerf bars for my '08 Tacoma quad cab through some local parts dealer. At first, I had to modify the foward brackets because the holes weren't lining up due to that annoying little notch located in front of the predrilled holes. Second, the holes for the passenger's nerf bar center mount was off by 4 inches. UGH!!! Does anyone know where I can find the exact pair of nerf bars I need and/or where there any problems installing it (i.e. brackets lining up)? Thanks in advance.

2. Jan 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
  3. Jan 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Westin (I have them).

4. Jan 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM
    sidewinder

sidewinder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brighton, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Westin oval tube steps, KC light bar, 4 Slimlites, Xpel lens protectors, RedLine QuickLift
    I just put on the Westin Oval tube bars, they look great. I bought a six pack for the job but had them installed before I could drink the first one.

All holes lined up correctly. Bars mounted easily. Looks great. My only concern is that they both had a slight ding in them. The ding was up near the front, outboard, and seem to be in pretty close to the same location on each one. I inspected the shipping box (pretty substantial, packaged well) and found no damage. I can't see that they were dinged in shipping. If I weren't so impatient I would have documented it and shipped them back, but I figure they'll be dinged up before long anyway so I kept them.

I bought them from 4wheelparts.com, but I called in on their phone number, I didn't use the web site. The guy on the other end of the phone must have been in a good mood that day, gave me a hell of a deal compared to what their catalog was showing. But maybe he gave me a deal on a dinged pair? :) Can't remember what I paid though.

If I knew how to post a picture I would.

5. Jan 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I don't know how long ago you purchased your tube bars or if they were black or chrome but I have been looking around on line and I have found the chrome for 379.00 and the black ones for 279.00 and the mounting kit for 129.00...when you got yours from 4wheel parts was the mounting brackets also a seperate purchase with your bars?

6. Jan 21, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    deer_pop

deer_pop Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD 6 Speed Manual Speedway Blue
    None yet
    I have been looking into the ARIES Bull bar and ARIES 3" Step bars. Does anyone know anything about the the step bars from this company? I have heard good things about the Bull Bar install and quality.

Dave

7. Jan 21, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    yep, i will confirm the bull bar quality and ease of instal, but know nothing about there nerf bars

8. Jan 21, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Search "aries" on TN. If I remember correctly, there were quite a few complaints about the nerfs.

Hunter Truck Wholesale has some good stuff. I see a lot of folks using them: http://www.popularlink.com/

9. Jan 22, 2008 at 6:04 AM
    deer_pop

deer_pop Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD 6 Speed Manual Speedway Blue
    None yet

10. Jan 22, 2008 at 5:28 PM
    sidewinder

sidewinder Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brighton, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Westin oval tube steps, KC light bar, 4 Slimlites, Xpel lens protectors, RedLine QuickLift
    SurfsUp,

I just bought them last week. The mounting kit was separate, at the time I did think that was odd. I guess maybe you could buy the bars to replace a crunched pair.

I think you're right on with the mount kit price, but I paid 229 for the black bars.

Products Discussed in

To Top