1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Machined Ring for Hilux Lighted 4x4 switch!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by kgarrett11, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Nov 3, 2016 at 10:32 PM
    kgarrett11

kgarrett11 [OP] Master Yoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    CA desert
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCLB
    If they are not on Amazon/ebay I would imagine so. Not positive since a member hooked me up with mine.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 7, 2016 at 10:49 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    I'd like to leave here a HUGE SHOUT OUT TO @nazlax10 and @Up2NoGood for all the help with the switch.

Can't express how grateful I am for all the help these two have given me with the Hilux switch itself. They are what TW are all about. Fucking awesome people. Not enough words to describe how awesome they are.

Kudos to you gents! Can't wait to get the switch in and finally do the wiring up for it and install it! :thumbsup:

nazlax10 and BadDNA like this.
  3. Nov 14, 2016 at 2:56 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Might be a Toyota only thing, not sure since I got my from @Titus_Will_Toyota

Part number is 82998-12420. Maybe try without the spaces?!

4. Nov 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Click on the link in the products discussed in this thread section at the bottom of the page. It's from eBay snd ships from Asia somewhere since it's a Hilux switch.

You'll see the pic and description.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    StOrMyThEtAcO[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Nov 15, 2016 at 8:38 PM
    WorldWar546

WorldWar546 Baja Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    TRD Charged '14 Black TX Baja
    TRD Supercharger And a lot of rice n chrome
    2 quick qustions before I start sometime in the next few days/weeks ;)

1)do I have to solder speaker wire to the terminal leads? It's step 1 and I am told to start from step 11 I know but just making sure :p

2) do I have to make a custom harness that he states that in step 13 but don't know exactly what he means?

Thanks everyone!!

6. Nov 15, 2016 at 8:43 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    If I'm not mistaken, because you have a 14, you don't have to do any of that and start the process itself at step 11.

WorldWar546[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Nov 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Fucking USPS... still showing expected delivery 11/15 on their site, and package still in transit to local facility. No updated info, no nothing.

:annoyed: :frusty:

kgarrett11[OP] likes this.
  8. Nov 16, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Sorry, should have been more specific. Switch. I've had the ring for a while now.

By the way, while we're at it... what kind of paint did you use to hit yours up with, to paint it black to match the black pcs?!

9. Nov 17, 2016 at 12:54 PM
    WorldWar546

WorldWar546 Baja Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    I know this is a really stupid question, mainly because I am a little :rofl: but should I epoxy the switch into the dash BEFORE it's in the truck or should I epoxy the switch in while the dash is installed? Thanks!

10. Nov 17, 2016 at 1:06 PM
    nazlax10

nazlax10 Check out my build thread for any products used!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    '21 Toyota Rav4 LE... At least it's a Toyota
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/nazlax10s-build.408318/
    That's actually not a bad question at all. I would recommend epxoying it while the dash is in. This way you don't have the switch to far in or out for aesthetic purposes, or so that the back of the switch doesn't hit anything once it's installed.

WorldWar546[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Nov 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    WorldWar546

WorldWar546 Baja Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    You got me haha!
    Here are a couple :p:thumbsup:
    IMG_1144.jpg IMG_1131.jpg

tomwil and jpereira2[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Nov 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM
    WorldWar546

WorldWar546 Baja Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Paint the machined ring? Nah I just have it sticking out temporarily tell I have the time to solder white LEDs in the 4x4 switch :thumbsup:

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Nov 21, 2016 at 8:59 AM
    BigOly

BigOly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB TRD/OR 4x4
    @kgarrett11 Please sign me up for Round 3...unless you have any extra rings floating around for instant satisfaction :)

kgarrett11[OP] likes this.
  14. Nov 22, 2016 at 4:04 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Got my ring all wired up and working! Put a couple coats of paint on the ring last night, so going to try and put it all on today, and post some pics.

20161121_214059.jpg
    20161121_214055.jpg

15. Nov 22, 2016 at 5:22 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Ring painted black.

Now have to glue it to the switch.

20161122_082021.jpg

16. Nov 22, 2016 at 5:53 AM
    BigOly

BigOly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB TRD/OR 4x4
    So clean and looks great! Love the factory look, how the LED color evenly matches the rest of the controls. Did you do the white LED surface mounting yourself on the Hilux switch? If so, was it easy to do?

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Nov 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    @nazlax10 and @Up2NoGood hooked me up and put on the LEDs for me.

18. Nov 22, 2016 at 6:44 AM
    BadDNA

BadDNA Uh, huh huh... Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eammon
    Cabot, VT
    Vehicle:
    '15 Blue Ribbon Metallic DCLB SR5 4x4
    OME BP-51s, JBA UCAs, Dakar leaf pack, Hammer Hangers, SOS Skids and sliders, Mobtown Tailgate reinforcement, Bussman fuse block, and stuff...
    Do you need to pull the dash apart to swap the switch out? I haven't looked for one yet, is there a guide for taking the dash apart somewhere?

19. Nov 22, 2016 at 6:46 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Kinda sorta.

You definitely have to take the radio out and that big trim pc around the radio out as well, because the stock 4x4 switch is clipped in, so you have to basically unclip it from the back by pushing the clips in and pushing the switching out.

20. Nov 22, 2016 at 6:48 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Check these:

BadDNA[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top