1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Muffler Comments/Reviews (magnaflow, wicked flow, and aero turbine)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by TacomaGus, May 19, 2012.

1. Aug 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    No its one of those things that only I notice haha. Got it from summit for like $30. its a weld-on, 3.5"

2. Aug 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    FunTaco

FunTaco Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 DBC SR5 4x4 LB
    Just some bitchin' seat covers :), oh ya and a Hard tonneau cover with Yakima sport tracs for movable towers-cross bars & 4 yakima bike racks. I'm working on more
    I'm totally ok with it being something only I notice too. Do you mind putting up a couple pics of it. up close and then from a little bit away to get the fender too and how it looks? thanks again

3. Aug 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    FunTaco

FunTaco Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 DBC SR5 4x4 LB
    Just some bitchin' seat covers :), oh ya and a Hard tonneau cover with Yakima sport tracs for movable towers-cross bars & 4 yakima bike racks. I'm working on more
    oh wow 3.5"? just noticed that. that must look big compared to normal whats the TRD factory tip? like 3"?

4. Aug 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    Maybe 3". The TRD pipe is 2.5" I believe

5. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    FunTaco

FunTaco Member

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    08 DBC SR5 4x4 LB
    If you get time I would appreciate seeing a couple pics of that tip and the tip/truck. and the tip/truck with a hot chick standing next to it is always the ultimate goal. :D

6. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    I'm running g my WickedFlow on fully stock piping.

I was just saying the TRD MIGHT be a 3" pipe

7. Aug 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    TRD is 2.5" pipe. I think 3" oval tip.

Only pic I have...

[​IMG]

8. Aug 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Crewmax TSS Off-Road 4x4, sr5/leather
  9. Nov 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    Corndawg

Corndawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab TRD off road Radiant Red
    2.5 inch pro comp lift Cobra XRS 9745 Detector 15 band scanner Pioneer DEH-P6900UB Python 991 remote start/ security. Tinted license plate covers Fog Light Mod PIAA Extreme White 4000K Replacement bulbs Red LED Dome and Map lights LED replacement tail light bulbs Black Weather Tech Floor Liners front and rear
    what to go with? Aero Turbine or Magnaflow muffler? .. i dont want an annoying drone at highway/free way speeds. looking for a slight increase in MPG. if possible. and of course a decrease in back pressure

10. Aug 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    figured I'd add a little to this thread on comparing all of the exhausts. My aero setup is still running strong and i now have the entire "catback" welded with 2.5" piping from the y-pipe connection back. Also Got rid of the crap y-pipe to resonator connection where I constantly had leaks and had a flex joint put in. With this setup i felt a noticeable increase in power after bumping up all of the piping to 2.5" (rather than just the piping between the resonator and AT2525.) I really feel that after all of my changes the best setup for these trucks N/A is to have 2.5" piping the entire way after the y-pipe. My y-pipe is still currently "stock" with the only difference being the new straight through flex joint that replaced the stock y-catback connection.

Once again here is my exhaust setup if anyone else has questions. Pictures in my build thread.

AFE Stage 2 Si Intake
    JBA Long Tube Headers
    Essentially Stock y-pipe
    2.5 in/out vibrant ultra quiet resonator
    Aero Turbine 2525
    Dual Outlet exhaust tip

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top