1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Bearinger, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Mar 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Bearinger

Bearinger [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    I am looking to wire a new HU, amps and speakers in my 2nd gen access cab. I need some general recomendations like how and where to run my power, remote and ground cables as well as what kind of RCA's I should run and if I should run wires under the center console or under the rocker panel covers. Also any advice as th what size speakers to run in the front and rear speakers and if I should use components or not. I am also on a tight budget like everyone else and am wondering where to buy everything. I want to do some sound deadening while I have the truck apart, I was thinking of using Grace water and ice shield as a cheap alternative to dynamat, has anyone ever tried this? If anyone can give me some good advice or to give me a link to a good thread I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

2. Mar 11, 2011 at 4:34 AM

52419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics
    run your wires under the carpet as close to the doors or center consol as you can sometimes wires dont fit under the rocker panels and it looks shitty if your gonna run dual subs then i would only go with tens, if your gonna run a single sub then i would go with a kicker 12 or jbl 13 if you do go with the tens rockford fosquate is the place to buy and a hifonics amp

3. Mar 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
  4. Mar 11, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Bearinger

Bearinger [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    I plan on replacing the speakers in the front and rear door, do you by chance have a template that I can use to make the speaker rings for the front door? I do plan on putting in a sub, I have a ten inch powered Kenwood tube or a pair of JL 10's in a band pass box. I got the JL's super cheap from a friend but because of the amount of space they take up I plan on just using the Kenwood tube unless it sounds like dogshit. I saw that MTX and Kicker had some pretty reasonably priced speakers on Amazon. I am thing of going with 6x9's in the front door and 6.5's in the rear door. Any suggestions you have for make and model would be great. I am still toying with the idea of using Grace Ice and Water Shield as a cheap alternative to Dynamat, has anyone tried this? I appreciate the help.
    Thanks

5. Mar 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    Shoot Marv a PM (the guy that started the thread I linked) and he should be able to help you out on a template.

6. Mar 11, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Nobodys heard from Marv in a while... Italyn Stalion (sp?) Is one of your better bets...

7. Mar 11, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    If ya don't know what you're doing then pay a professional to do it. Ya don't wanna fry your electrical and all your expensive audio equipment. Best Buy is a good place to start to get a base price for install, then shop around to actual performance audio places. Trust me on this if ya don't do it right you'll eff something up bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top