1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Gr8WhiteTaco, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    Lift, 285's, mud, and scratches
    :bananadance:

Metal. mostly thrash and progressive metal. chris knows.

2. Jun 2, 2015 at 3:21 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    FYI
    Tacoma World Newsletter
    Dear lowinhz, here are the latest happenings on Tacoma World...

SITE NEWS
    Tacoma World was recently updated to a newer and more stable forum software. The entire site now features strong encryption (always look for the small lock icon in your browser's address bar to make sure any forum you visit uses encryption) and new features were introduced to make the site easier to use, while retaining its old familiarity.

If you don't remember your login password, use this link to have a new password sent to your email.

NEW 4RUNNER FORUM
    We recently launched a new site for 4Runner owners: 4Runners.com, complete with a full gallery for your 4R picture uploads!
    Check out the contest we are running with prizes from both 4 Wheel Parts andAmazon.com. Have a friend with a 4R? Send them over to check out our new site!

SERVICE BULLETINS
    If you own a 2012-2014 Tacoma, you may fall under the service bulletin Toyota released last year titled, "Spark Knock Noise", which is T-SB-0044-14. If you qualify for the fix, Toyota will reprogram your ECM to correct the pinging. Download the PDF here and read the results of members who got the service performed.

2016 TACOMA NEWS
    With the 2016 Tacoma announced earlier this year by Toyota, we have opened up asection for 3rd Generation Tacomas (2016+).

Here are some threads to get you caught up on the latest news and discussion for the upcoming model:
    Official 2016 reveal by Toyota, with tons of comments from TW
    Video Q&A With Chief Engineer Mike Sweers
    Discussion about the 2016's new design(with lots of pics)

MODS
    Take a look at the excellent steering wheel audio control mod that member adio performed on his 2008 Tacoma. Lots of pics and detailed instructions.

One of the more popular write-ups on TW is the cheap and easy tailgate theft prevention modification. Well, member pgthe1 learned the hard way how easy it is to get your tailgate stolen, after going inside a store for only a few minutes.

Member steelhd posted his bed rail attachment mod. He shows how it can be used to secure fishing rods, work lights, and other small items in the truck bed.

TRIPS AND MEETUPS
    Reminder: Our regional sections are very active with meetups, BBQ's, mod-days and wheeling trips happening all the time. Be sure to find your region and see what the local members are up to.

If you like trucks in the snow, check out the picture thread from the 3rd Annual KY/TN March Land Between the Lakes Meet. Amazing shots.

Tons of pictures from the just finished 2015 Rock Therapy trail meet in Moab, Utah.

ACCIDENTS
    A member with a dash cam on his Tacomacaught the aftermath of an accident involving a driver who wasn't wearing their seatbelt.

Ever accidentally fill your tank with diesel? That happened to member F16TACO last year. Here's the story, and what to do if it does happen to you.

Dealer disater from a basic oil change. Read unclemike's story here...

MISC
    Tacoma truck portraits to hang on your wall:Check out the work of the very talented TW member ERMB! You can place an order and get your truck drawn as well.

In April of this year, a member got his Tacoma stuck deep in some mud in Texas. He posted a thread on TW titled, "SOS TYLER TX NEED HELP ASAP" -- Read how it turned out!

Member Lumpskie recently stopped by leaf-spring maker Alcan Spring. He got a tour of the shop and posted up a ton of great pictures.

VENDORS AND PRODUCTS
    Member slimcubby is running another of his popular HID Xenon group buys. The sale ends June 15th.

All-Pro Off Road recently announced their new Dual Swing Out Rear Bumper for 2nd Gen Tacomas. They're having a giveaway to promote it, and you just need to explain why you absolutely need this bumper. Check out the bumper and participate in the giveaway here.

TW vendor Marion Bumper2Bumper is offering high-amp electrical system upgrades for 1st Gen and 2nd Gen Tacomas. You might learn a few things, even if you're not interested in buying.

TW INSTAGRAM
    Take a look at the new TW Instagram Wall. If you use Instagram, hashtag #tacomaworld in your pics to appear on the wall, and randomly on the front page of the site!

That's all for this newsletter. Thanks again for being a part of our community!

3. Jun 2, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    I think I've cured all the clunks in my truck finally. Well, all except the struts topping out because PreRunner doesn't have enough weight up front for my OME885 coils.
    A wrap on a leaf pack was missing the plastic sleeve so I shoved a piece a garden hose in to fill the gap next to the leafs. Also tightened the 4 transmission cross-member bolts from 30 to 50 ft-lb.

4. Jun 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    interesting,mine wears 886's and no topping out. And I don't think Zacks does either. Even before the bumper he had 885's and no popping.

5. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    Oh shit. Ok I see now Kurt. That is pretty cool. So out of all the meet threads with pics and videos they chose ours to post in a massive email. That's awesome. That's why we need to stay on top of our pic and wheeling game. Haha maybe the 4th annual one will make an email as well.

6. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Metal? You mean like Nickleback right? Lmao. My mother freaked when she found Lamb of God's sacrament album in my truck when I was like 16 :headbang:

7. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:35 PM
    KnoxTac0713

KnoxTac0713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Bilstein 6112, rear 2.0 Icon VS shocks, TRD Black SEMA wheels, 255/80/17 Cooper ST Maxx, SOS Rear bumper, SOS bolt on sliders,TRD skid plate, derped badges, 15% tint, color matched oem grille, lamin-x amber fog covers, TRD cat-back exhaust, Tacoma bed mat, Tonno-pro trifold, Depo black tail lights, front tow hook w/ D shackle, Wheeler's Superbumps rear, Wheeler's 1 inch block rear, Custom Car Grills mesh grill insert, light bar in lower valence

I think the snow helped a little.

8. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    :smack:

rngr[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jun 2, 2015 at 8:17 PM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    You're a hater

10. Jun 2, 2015 at 9:19 PM
    KnoxTac0713

KnoxTac0713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Bilstein 6112, rear 2.0 Icon VS shocks, TRD Black SEMA wheels, 255/80/17 Cooper ST Maxx, SOS Rear bumper, SOS bolt on sliders,TRD skid plate, derped badges, 15% tint, color matched oem grille, lamin-x amber fog covers, TRD cat-back exhaust, Tacoma bed mat, Tonno-pro trifold, Depo black tail lights, front tow hook w/ D shackle, Wheeler's Superbumps rear, Wheeler's 1 inch block rear, Custom Car Grills mesh grill insert, light bar in lower valence
    No, the snow just upped the badassery to a different level. Either that or it's really pretty.

11. Jun 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    Haha yeah fa sho!! I forgot about those pics again

12. Jun 3, 2015 at 5:56 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    I'm ready for the 19th - 21st :bananadance: :burnrubber: :mudding:

13. Jun 3, 2015 at 6:31 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    I'm hoping I can come Saturday. I couldn't get off that Friday :/

14. Jun 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Still waiting on my bosses boss he won't approve it until week of

15. Jun 3, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    leave Friday night

16. Jun 3, 2015 at 7:14 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    I'm just going to haul down early saturday

17. Jun 3, 2015 at 7:21 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    5 am :D

18. Jun 3, 2015 at 7:36 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    I'll be chillin by a fire Thursday night! Oh yeah!!!

19. Jun 3, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    ditto

20. Jun 3, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    I'll be down mid afternoon Friday since my wife thinks I need a check up Friday morning.

Products Discussed in

To Top