1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME leaf pack - net effect on stock sag

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by netlseh, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Aug 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM
    netlseh

netlseh [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I've searched the forums far and wide, but can't seem to find an answer to my question. I've got a stock 2013 ACLB TRD Off Road, with a camper shell, sleeper/storage/drawer platform, a fairly heavy duty locking roof-mounted fly rod box, and gear in the back. With the stock suspension, it sits level (without gear) due to the extra weight of the shell, platform and rack. If I add gear, water tank, cooler, etc, the rear sits a hair low. When I hook up a drift boat trailer (light--probably 600 lbs with boat and trailer), it sits even lower.

I'm about to buy a lift and bigger tires, with the goal of achieving approximately 2.5 in the front, with the rear sitting level or slightly higher than level. So far, my best solution within my budget is Toytec 521600 coil springs and 5100s (@ 0) in the front, and DAKAR leaf pack with the third leaf removed and new shocks in the rear. As far as I can tell, that would give me approx. 2.5" in the front, and approx. 2.0" in the rear. The idea is to go a little overboard on the rear setup to account for the extra weight in the bed (I would estimate between 350-400 lbs, depending on the gear I have with me).

My question is: assuming I go with the Dakar pack (with the third leaf removed), do you think it will provide me with a lift of 2.0" from the current sagging position, or 2.0" lift from the stock, unloaded position. In other words, will the Dakar pack sag a bit from the extra weight, or will it compensate for the stock sag and lift the truck 2.0?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

2. Aug 26, 2016 at 11:03 AM
    netlseh

Member:
    Thanks for the input--I really appreciate it. So, it sounds like the coils (front) and leaf pack both will lift the truck approximately 2.5" from it's current position (as opposed to the leaf pack lifting it 2.5" plus the height of the current sag). I think I'll install the full dakar pack and the 2.5" coil (without the .5" top plate spacer). If the rear is high (i.e., negative rake), I'll either pull the 3rd leaf or install the top plate spacer up from.

jsnm23 and IronPeak like this.
  3. Feb 23, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    netlseh

Member:
  4. Feb 23, 2017 at 10:06 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    You should be good with the full Dakar pack in the back. I've had mine for 4 years and it hasn't sagged yet. Load it down with gear and throw a boat behind it and it sits level.

5. Feb 24, 2017 at 6:10 AM
    Skywalker

Skywalker Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul

Member:
    Englewood
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad Doublecab
    Stock
  6. Feb 24, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    Alfred

Alfred Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfred
    California
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport 4X4 DCSB
    I have a shell and rear swingout bumper. I think ill be adding the aal to my dakar set soon. Once im fully loaded for a camping trip it tends to sag a bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top