1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One Sweet truck, So many up-grade questions. Need advise ASAP!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by navarski, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    navarski

navarski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Navarski
    Yuma County
    Vehicle:
    V8 killer
    TRD Cold Air Intake , DTLTH, performance Y-pipe, Fuel pump upgrade. 2.85 pulley TRDsupercharger/gen1 o2 sim
    Hello tacoma World. I just purchased my fist new truck. Well its new to me. Its a 2009 tacoma SR5 4door 4wd, white with 55k. It also has a Gen1 SC, cold air intake and dual exhaust. The suspension is stock. I would like to give it a 3'Lift with tires , but im not sure witch brand to consider for my lift kit, or what size tires to accommodate the 3' lift. I want something good and i'm willing to spend about 1k maybe 1.5k on the kit. The truck will be a daily in town (small town) driver for the wife . But in the weekend I would like to do some mild-moderate off roading in the woods,dessert or beach. So please give me some personal experiences and/or opinions. Thanks.!

-Navarski

2. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    RedDragonTaco

RedDragonTaco Knight Industies Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    Slc, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Toytec 3" Ultimate w/ LR UCA's, 18" Rockstar rims, Nitto Grappler 285/65/18, OEM roof rack, foglight anytime mod, front bull bar and Smitty side steps, tonneau cover, debadged, BHLM, blacked out tail lights, stubby antenna, flowmaster
    I just received and am going to install the Toytec 3" ultimate lift kit w/ upper control arms. Should be a solid set up. If you get rims and tires if i remember right you need at least a 17 or 18" rim to clear the VSC. Im running 18" rims and 285/65/18 (33") nitto terra grapplers. I wouldnt get bigger tires then that unless you go 6". The lift with the added control arms was just over 1400

3. Jun 15, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.

Frank

4. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    I would say the Toytec 3" ultimate lift kit would be ideal for your application and budget.

If you want more performance off road, you're gonna have to spend more $$$ on better components, but this kit seems to fit your criteria perfectly, all for $1200

5. Jun 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    i went with the ome kit and i love it. its good on the road and off. i got mine from scott at truckaddons.com. he was the cheapest i cound find i think the full kit was somewhere around $1000 .here is a link to his weathertech thread his # is in his sig.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/208801-weathertech-special.html

the cheapest i could find my light racing uca's is fat bob's garage.

as far as tires go it depends on how much trimming you want to do, and if you want to run spacers or buy new wheels with correct backspacing.

welcome to tw

Products Discussed in

To Top