1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Order/wait time for 17 Pro.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by JohnnyTRD06, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Jun 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    JohnnyTRD06

JohnnyTRD06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Smoked WeatherTec rain guards Access roll up bed cover Tinted front side windows TRD Cold air intake TRD Billet oil fill cap Spartan X Customs hood scoop lightbar Meso Customs dual mode LED interior lights Meso Customs V1 mirror turn signal lights Meso Customs sequential taillights Meso Customs puddle lights and switch kit Putco Nitro Lux LED headlights CBI Off-Road rear skid plate CBI Off-Road gas tank skid plate Kicker DS series door speakers Kicker dash tweeters Overland Tailor Tuning tune
    Hi, for all of those that ordered their TRD Pros.....what was the wait time from placing the order to pick up.

I ordered mine about 7 weeks ago, and the dealer told me it was going to be around 6 to 8 weeks. So far, they still dont have a delivery date. This is a new experience for me, so I dont really know whats normal or not.

Thanks for the help!

2. Jun 15, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    josefmd

josefmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Springboro OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 4R TRD Pro Cement. 2023 Tacoma Off-Road Lunar Rock
    Not really a order but rather a allocation to the dealer! Do they have a allocation for a pro? Much easier just to search for one (out of state if necessary). I have done it many times, and it takes a little leg work, but for rare vehicles sometimes it's the only way. Be careful that your current dealer isn't stringing you along!! Did you put a deposit down? In my case I got lucky in which I searched Cars.com and found my Pro listed at a dealer locally. It wasn't on the lot yet, and was scheduled to arrive in a week. I don't know the cut off date for Taco/ Pro builds for 17, but I think it's getting close to the end of the 17 model run. Good luck!!

3. Jun 15, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    JohnnyTRD06

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Smoked WeatherTec rain guards Access roll up bed cover Tinted front side windows TRD Cold air intake TRD Billet oil fill cap Spartan X Customs hood scoop lightbar Meso Customs dual mode LED interior lights Meso Customs V1 mirror turn signal lights Meso Customs sequential taillights Meso Customs puddle lights and switch kit Putco Nitro Lux LED headlights CBI Off-Road rear skid plate CBI Off-Road gas tank skid plate Kicker DS series door speakers Kicker dash tweeters Overland Tailor Tuning tune

Thanks bud!

Yeah, I put money down. They told me there would be no issue getting me one via order.

I did do a lot of online research and I couldnt find a red one even close to reasonably close....which is why I chose the order route.

As for the cutoff...I ordered it in April...so Im pretty sure I made that cutoff date.

4. Jun 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM
    JohnnyTRD06

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro

Thats not what I was told or went through.

What I did was a legitimate order...right down to what options I did or didnt want on that truck.

I hope I dont have to wait that long or for an 18. An 18 will probably be even more expensive.

5. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:05 PM
    big_jarv

big_jarv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro
    That's how it is. You can't special order from Toyota. Dealers will tell you that you can but the dealers themselves can only "preference" options, which basically means request.

With that said I'd call around to other dealers and see if you can get on a waitlist for someone who ordered one and might not want it etc.

Even though you ordered in April I would still be wary of the model year cut off considering your dealer doesn't have a delivery date for you. If I recall correctly the switch over occurs around July/August.

EDIT: deleted my original post by mistake trying to edit it.

6. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    tw4taco

tw4taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OffRoad
    working on it
    yep, just don't change your mind. I was waiting for my MGM OR for a month and dealer showed me the delevery schedule . But OP should call them every week at least, make sure the deliver time.

JohnnyTRD06[OP] likes this.
  7. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    mutely

mutely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro in metallic primer
    Your dealer is misleading you if he told you he could order one. There is a whole thread about this, search the pro threads, title is something like "who's waiting for a pro"

Here you go
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2017-trd-pro-whos-waiting.418810/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    aceiswar likes this.
  8. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    Jeepnick

Jeepnick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pittsburgh
    I'm in the same boat
    Deposit
    7 or so weeks ago
    Promised allocated
    Wondering when a 17 turns into a 18

JohnnyTRD06[OP] likes this.
  9. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    Diablo169

Diablo169 ROKRAPR

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    99’ Bro-Coma’s Revenge 3RZ 345k+
    Stock
    Toyota sells every Tacoma they make. Doesn't benefit them in any way to let customers "custom" order one. Dealers basically look for one being made with the specs you want, and then if they have an allocation they can try and pull it.

10. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    mutely

mutely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro in metallic primer
    Being promised allocation and being told you've ordered one is a lot different in my mind.

THATCH11B likes this.
  11. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:22 PM
    1bad2k

1bad2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD PRO
    Took me six weeks to get mine back in aug/Sept of last year. Why wait though? There is tons now on autotrader going for msrp......

THATCH11B likes this.
  12. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    aceiswar

aceiswar Well-Known Member

Member:
    was looking for one mid january, found a dealership that got 2 allocations and received about 4-5 weeks later.

you really can't "order" one. like the previous posts, dealerships can only "preference" their allocations meaning they can add or remove accessories

13. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    josefmd

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Springboro OH
    Vehicle:
    Wouldn't use the term Tons!! :rofl:I did a search and only 7 red ones came up in a all distance search. 110 in all colors! The OP said he is looking for a red one. It looks like it's by far the hardest to get. Followed by white, then cement.

14. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:34 PM
    JohnnyTRD06

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
    The closest Bacelona red one is 245 miles away from me.......Thats WAY too far away.

15. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:35 PM
    Ch78

Ch78 GBO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    17' Taco Supreme
    Tuned By D3 Performance
    August

16. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:36 PM
    Ch78

Ch78 GBO!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    17' Taco Supreme
    Tuned By D3 Performance
    That's like 3.5 hours...

17. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    poopshute

poopshute Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro Storm Trooper
    Just want to chime in and agree with everyone else. You can't really order one. Based on how many Tacoma's a dealership sells determines how often/how many TRD Pro's will get allocated to them. I got on the waitlist wanting a Super White Manual TRD Pro. They had about 5-6 auto TRD's allocated and sold before my name came up. I got super lucky and a white manual TRD Pro came in and I was next on the list. I waited 6 months from getting on the list. This was pretty much right when they came out.

18. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:46 PM
    1bad2k

1bad2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD PRO
    I overlooked that. It definitely throws a wrench into it.

245 miles isn't bad. Worst case, fly in then drive it back.

josefmd[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:47 PM
    big_jarv

big_jarv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Pro
    For what it's worth I bought mine almost 2,500 miles away.
    Granted I did it to avoid dealer mark ups.
    If there's one exactly like you want 245 miles away I'd go get it! :)

Thunder Fist, 1bad2k and josefmd like this.
  20. Jun 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM
    josefmd

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Springboro OH
    Vehicle:
    Yeah... I drove 5 hrs(10hrs both ways)to get a 07 Subie STI in satin pearl white. Cincinnati to Clarksville, TN. It was actually much longer time wise since the wx sucked and there was a multi car pile up around Bowling Green Ky. If there is a will there is a way!!

Products Discussed in

To Top