1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt ::: 3rd Gen Tacoma - Dual Swingout Rear Bumper ::: PRE-ORDER

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Pelfreybilt, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 9, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    Stone.. Ballast Point.. Modern Times :)

They’re less than a year old and it would be the only thing back there. Figiured I’d eventually have to upgrade because these don’t appear to be made to carry long term.

2. Jul 9, 2018 at 10:24 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Pelfreybilt [OP] Pelfreybilt Off-Road, Inc.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    Even a few closer ones like BNS, Burning Beard (waling distance of 2 min) etc. And no they do not last very long when slammed with a bunch of weight. Other than that they are good leafs.

kakwvu[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jul 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    tacofort

tacofort Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO, Automatic, Cement
    Adventure Trailers Tacoma Habitat Pelfreybilt Rock Sliders Line-X Pelfreybilt Pro mid, Gas, Exhaust Reroute Skids Hondo Unholey Dash mount Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts Weathertech Floor Liners
  4. Jul 9, 2018 at 10:38 AM
    tacofort

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    Adventure Trailers Tacoma Habitat Pelfreybilt Rock Sliders Line-X Pelfreybilt Pro mid, Gas, Exhaust Reroute Skids Hondo Unholey Dash mount Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners Redline Tuning Hood Lift Struts Weathertech Floor Liners
    So tempting. I'll order in October. Too many trips between now and then. Looks great. Do the gates swing 90 degrees or 180, or both independent lock points?

I have a Adventure Trailers comboslide fridge and stove slide on the passenger side of truck. Will this interfere with the table?

Pelfreybilt[OP] likes this.
  5. Jul 9, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    The whole area is stacked. Have a friend that runs a distribution contract for Stone and said SD is beer heaven.

I could find a reason to stop by when I’m out

:drunk:

6. Jul 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM
    Double Phister

Double Phister Punch it Chewie

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Tempted.

Will the fold down table work with the tailgate down?
    Is the tire vertical or angled? I'd like a tight fit close to the tailgate so I can still fit in the garage.
    What size hi-lift?
    Where does the trailer plug go? Our Lord and Savior, Seatbelt Mike relocated it for the 3rd gens.
    Any chance you guys are working on getting the BSM working?

dskakie, Pelfreybilt[OP] and mkivr32 like this.
  7. Jul 9, 2018 at 2:13 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    ~ Pelfreybilt aluminum 4runner front bumper and Rocksliders coated by Line-X San Diego ~ Baja Designs- LED Lighting Grill with LED lightbar & 40" roof rack lightbar ~ Rigid Industries rock lights ~ Front Runner Outfitters roof rack, fridge slide & bottle opener ~ CVT Rooftop Tent & Awning ~ Goose Gear storage drawers ~ Katzkin Leather seat covers ~ Switch-Pro control kit ~ Factor 55 Flatlink ~ WARN VR8000-S Winch ~ Fuel Offroad Trophy Wheels ~ Goodyear Kevlar Tires ~ ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 5 kit. Appx 2.5" lift ~ ARB lockers, skid plates & 50qt Fridge ~ JL Audio custom stereo system
    A little more than 90 on each side. And as for the fridge I honestly couldn't say. Every set up is unique, if you slide it out you may have to put the table up or it may slider right over it.

8. Jul 9, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    He isnt wrong, I too have a buddy who does that.

9. Jul 9, 2018 at 5:46 PM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Answered this in the thread already but we will make it work with the tailgate down! The tire is angled, the hi lift is just a bit shy of the width of the truck itself, could possibly fit larger. The trailer plug is behind the license plate. Making it compatible with the BSM compromises the integrity of the bumper and is a liability issue for us. People are too dependent on technology these days and if it were to malfunction (or even work properly) and someone was in an accident they could in fact blame the bumper. We will not mess with the BSM in the foreseeable future!

10. Jul 9, 2018 at 6:29 PM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    There are BSM bumpers out there.. forget who makes them, but they exist. Looks kind of wonky with the aluminum squares welded in, and yeah, it's a weak point in the bumper if you're doing slam your bumper off rocks type things.

When I get a (this) bumper, I'll get getting the RAV4 convex mirrors. Sure they're not BSM compatible, but you can *see* your blind spots instead of hoping a sensor catches the car (if they're merging fast on your rear quarter panel, best of luck to you).

11. Jul 9, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    TSki

TSki Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Salmon, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky TRD Off-Road, 4x4, DCSB MT
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/my-silver-gsu-build.460083/
    Sorry to jump in..i think I am gonna follow your lead here. What’s your plan for the BSM equipment? Tuck the wires in the door and call it a day? Or are you gonna try and remove stuff? Upgrading the mirrors makes sense if BSM is dead

12. Jul 9, 2018 at 8:45 PM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    They should just be able to be 3M tapes back from the way it looked. I won’t know for sure until I get the bumper off when I fix the plastics I broke off road last week, but it can’t be too involved. The BSM disconnects and the wires should be easy to hide. Maybe get a small sandwich bag and zip tie it shut over the harness to make sure little to no moisture gets in too.

TSki[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jul 10, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    tacofort

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    What size tire will fit? Also, with the angled mount, would this interfere with an Adventure Trailers Habitat or other truck topper? I'd like to go to 35s and regear next year

14. Jul 10, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    There are some options out there, I cannot remember who makes them either. They will make some $$ until that first lawsuit haha!

15. Jul 10, 2018 at 7:59 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    We cannot speak for the AT Habitat but its going to be angled the same as the one we have now and we have customers with the gate and habitat on the back with the current bumper so it SHOULD work. Works just fine with my shell. Should fit up to a 37 with the mounts.

tacofort[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    Double Phister

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    It's not the blind spot part that I really care about. It's the cross traffic alert that tells you something is approaching while you are backing out of a blind parking space. Every time it goes off I think it's broke because I don't see anything. Then "oh, there's someone walking back there". Or a car whizzes by.

Bumper looks great. It's this or a CBI. More renderings please. Like one with the swing out open and a 60" hi-lift on it.

17. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:21 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Our bumpers work with the back up sensors if thats what you mean!

18. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM
    Double Phister

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Ya I see that. The 4 backup sensors are for close proximity detection (couple of feet). The BSM sensors behind the corners of the factory cover detect cars in the blind spot and also provide the cross traffic alerts. Cross traffic can be people walking a car length or two back. Approaching cars are detected a few houses away on my street while I'm backing out of my garage (before the cab clears the door so no amount of head swivel can see).

19. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    Pelfreybilt

Member:
    First Name:
    Pelfreybilt
    El Cajon, California
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    If it were easier we would do it! But we have never backed into our garage doors or hit anyone backing up and none of our vehicles have any of those fancy contraptions haha.

redrelyt12 and climbhigher23 like this.
  20. Jul 10, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    Double Phister

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    ya ya. I get it. One can hope. I have power windows and auto headlights too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top