1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelfreybilt Information Release

Discussion in 'Pelfreybilt Off-Road' started by Pelfreybilt, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    Mike O

Mike O Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR MGM Access Premium LB
    Mobtown Sliders, SSO Slimline bumper, Baja Amber lightbar & fogs, Sumo bump stops
    As people may come to understand, a *potential* additional benefit to Pelfrey for customers to pay cash is that cash customers have no one to dispute the charge with except a court. Not a CC company or PayPal, etc. That court is probably not local and this makes it much more difficult for someone in for example Iowa to seek restitution.

Again, much depends on when a company such as Pelfrey begins to ask for cash. Rhetorically: Have they always done so, or it is a recent development? Is the request along the lines of the rather polite request at checkout, given to ALL parties? Or was cash requested over the phone to certain customers only at some point in time? Context is important. And I don't mean just legally, but perhaps more importantly in the court of public opinion, which relates to any second chance they will be given.

Biscuits and DoorDing like this.
  2. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:18 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    Most likely it was a recent occurrence, older.invoices probably won't have those clauses in them like.somone previously posted

Edit: none of my invoices have any mentioning of those clauses. It's kind of upsetting to see how their customer service has changed over the years. I remember those days in dealing in sales directly with satin and getting a quick response

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  3. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:28 PM
    Mike O

Mike O Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mobtown Sliders, SSO Slimline bumper, Baja Amber lightbar & fogs, Sumo bump stops
    I don't know as I didn't buy anything before the trouble started. If it has always been there it would be less of a problem *for me*. I wouldn't feel like they knew there was a problem and I was not being informed. I don't have anything against trying to help save valued vendors money. Not every vendor qualifies for that trust of course.

DoorDing likes this.
  4. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:33 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    None of my invoices or contact emails state any cash mentioning. I haven't bought from pelfrey since satin stopped handling emails and accepting payments to her PayPal account. Customer service use to be top notch and satin was always readily sending updates if my stuff was delayed. I've seen how they changed tho with recent orders, non of that is there anymore and that's too bad

5. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:38 PM
    climbhigher23

climbhigher23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS TRD Off-Road 4x4
    2.5" King w/Adj 285/70/17 Wildpeaks Ray 10's
    I went into the shop and spoke directly to Michael back in June to place my preorder for my dual swing out rear bumper. When paying, I told him I could pay cash or card. Had the cash in my pocket. He said either one will work fine. I wanted the points, so I paid with my cc and payed it off immediately.

Never once did he say a word about it being cheaper for them if I payed with cash, even after I told him I had it on hand. Nor did he attempt to pressure me in any way to pay cash.

So all these claims of Pelfreybilt trying to con people into paying with cash is, in my opinion, bull shit.

6. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    808inDa503

808inDa503 From HNL living in PDX.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver DCSB 4x4
    Icon stage 6 kit w/ billet UCAs, Dakar leaf pack, Icon air bump stop, Bullet Proof Fab grill, Magna-flow exhaust, ARE bed cover, Redline Tuning quick lift, 17" gunmetal SCS Ray 10, BFG KO2 285/70/17, Wet Okole and Ellis Precision shift knob
    I believe the fine print clause is a recent event. My last invoice from May doesn’t have that clause. Lmk if you want proof.

I agree. It’s meaningless for people saying how they know them personally. What basis do I have to evaluate their judgement. At the end of the day that person vouching for Pelfrey is a stranger at a keyboard. I can’t trust them.

What I can see is how the company is behaving. It’s hard for me to say this since I’ve been a loyal customer and they’ve done right by me but I do not agree with how they’re treating other customers. The dual swingout preorders are a mess and the Hawaii group buy is dead in the water. To make things worse is the fact that there is evidence suggesting irresponsible behavior.

I agree this is an interesting situation unfolding before us. But there’s nothing light about what’s happening. This is a really heavy situation. If Pelfrey can go out of business then no one is safe. People are getting screwed out of a lot of money with little to no recourse. My heart goes out to them.

Twinkie0311 likes this.
  7. Sep 6, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    That was also 3 months ago. This may be a very recent thing. I mean, someone even posted a screenshot of their invoice so it's not that off the wall of an assertion.

Crow_of_judgement likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2018 at 3:23 PM
    TLA

TLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRDAmateur
    Lots
    Fool me once.

And more importantly, 20% over wouldn’t cover the 100% they clearly don’t have to produce their back logged orders.

9. Sep 6, 2018 at 3:46 PM
    roguegs

roguegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Vehicle:
    V8 T4R
    Went from 3rd Gen Taco to 3GT4R to 2nd Gen Taco and finally a V8 4GT4R.
  10. Sep 6, 2018 at 3:46 PM
    solarservant

solarservant Beersquatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    ADS/ICON/Dobinson's equipped 2Gen prepped for international overland travel
    ADS front coilovers, ICON rears, Deaver Expedition Pack, CBI Bumpers, RCI skids, Avid sliders, Warn EVO 10S, on 33" Falken Wildpeak MTs, Vagabond Drifter camper & Goose Gear interior.
    Just started my claim with my credit card company. For the record, I waited two plus days past the weekend for a statement that never came. I don't have any qualms whatsoever about my choice since there hasn't been any communication. Some small reassurance is literally all that would have been required for me to stick it out.

My other thought here is this: Is the quality of the product going to be the same on the other side of this restructuring, if it happens? Would I even want to find out? That's a huge wildcard.

11. Sep 6, 2018 at 3:59 PM
    U4x4808

U4x4808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    07' DCLB 4x4
    Suprised TW mods didnt ban PB. John from AP was an awesome guy too until AP ended up the way it did. Sounds like thats what’s happening to PB. Us as the general public dont know what goes on behind closed doors... yes Tyler and Satin are very nice people, customer service was always there, but we dont know what they do or how they run theyre business or finances and its none of our business. They should at least start the process of communicating with customers that have pending orders.

12. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:05 PM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 4x4
    Converted to 4WD DD VW MK6 TDI
    So people are justifying them holding someones money for 5 + months because "they are nice people and make good armor"?
    LOL

13. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    Katchaser00

Katchaser00 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    10,000 lakes
    Yeah it sucks that this company is going through some hardships, but literally no contact with anyone specific lately who has deposits and orders being waited on?

I don’t think it should matter how bad the hardships, SOMEONE from PB has to provide some sort of update to the people who trusted them and paid their hard-earned money for a product they believed they were getting.......I guess I can’t wrap my head around that? Not even a “hey here’s what’s up for people who already have orders placed with us”? Fuckin terrible situation, but PB has deep-rooted the “fuckin terrible” to “fuckin horrific” at this point in my opinion.

Biscuits, dtaco06, SwampYota and 5 others like this.
  14. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:29 PM
    Mike O

Mike O Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This is the kind of thing that happens when there are family problems as Satin alluded to. You'd be surprised at the number of people that let their domain lapse.

15. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:32 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    There is literally no reason for anyone who is within appropriate timeframe to not start filing claims. When it comes down to it, why risk it over a hunk of metal? Plenty of other hunk of metal fabricators out there lol.

16. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM
    jessandjamie

jessandjamie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Why would they have banned them? The company has been around for the better part of a decade, to my knowledge. They have had no known issues or problems until now. With lots of satisfied customers.

17. Sep 6, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Politically incorrect low tech redneck

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Mt Washington Ky
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB, TRD OR, 5100's, 885's 285/75r16 Cooper STT PROs.
    No one has any evidence that this is intentional. So far it appears to be nothing but a bad business blunder. With that, I'm assuming TW will make the appropriate moves at the appropriate time. However remote, there is stull a chance to pull this out of the ditch. What I'm seeing from TW at this point is discrete professionalism.

There's plenty of time to pass out hammer and nails to go in the lid of the coffin.

18. Sep 6, 2018 at 5:11 PM
    Rome604

Rome604 I am the Captain now

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    Pelfrey.jpg

Posted on Facebook a few minutes ago. No clue if it's real or not.

DoorDing and Blackout14 like this.
  19. Sep 6, 2018 at 5:16 PM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Soon as the BK paperwork is filed they'll let everyone know is all I got.

20. Sep 6, 2018 at 6:12 PM
    frenchee

frenchee Favorite Member

Member:
    Oceanside CA Area
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma TRD Double Cab 4x4
    Converted to 4WD DD VW MK6 TDI
    Just because you have no issues until now doesn't mean its not a big deal. Imagine having ordered couple thousand dollars worth of armor and received nothing for months and now no communication.
    It doesn't excuse anything. I feel bad for anyone that's ordered something. You don't take someones money and don't give em the product or an excuse.

I can't imagine having front/rear bumper money tied up for months with nothing at my door. There are so many other companies I'd just want to get my damn bumper honestly.

Drainbung likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top