1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please I need informing (lifting a base model)

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by ArmyTacoGuy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    ArmyTacoGuy

ArmyTacoGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    black rim mod multi color LED's on floor boards Blacked out tail lights and headlights black emblems and white one in grille Police grade siren and PA system Glass Pack bull horn wired to radio in cab 10'' Kicker Bass House custom made intake hellogen bulbs Roof running lights aftermarket head unit
    Ok anyone whose kinda kept up with my thread sees I do a lot of stupid stuff to my truck, but I am looking into seriously doing a simple lift aiming for fitting 32 10.50 15 tires on it, now here's what I got I've talk to some local jeep guys and a lot of jeeps come with leaf spring under the axel, just like our rear ends, I know how to build a bracket to put the leaf springs over my axel, anyone know if there is unforeseen consequences in this, and the only thing I don't have a clue on is if that works what can I do to the front end to bring up to the same hight?!?!? Please help!?!?

2. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    you won't be able to fit a 15 inch rim on your truck seeing as many 16 inch wheels have trouble clearing the caliper trust me otherwise i would have 15's. also its generally not the back you need to worry about when going to a larger tire size its the front that where 99% of the rubbing will occur.

i would recommend an add a leaf in the rear and maybe a shackle flip kit from all pro then in the front ome springs and ome shocks.

the thing is simple cheap and good rarely come together when your talking about suspension. if i where you i would hold off until i had around 1,200 to devote to the suspension parts alone that will buy you a full ome kit. it is higher quality than the factory components you are replacing not lower quality. that should be your goal

3. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    or billies all around and some other type of spring up front and an add a leaf in the rear

there are some guys on here with a lot more knowledge than myself regarding suspension related questions so others will chime in to help out this is just what i would recommend. i advocate doing it right the first time as will many others i would assume.

you have to think your changing the factory geometry and the way your truck moves down the road this is not an area you want to be cheap with. as it can cause some headaches vibes, rubbing, harsh ride etc...

try contacting down south motor sports those guys kick ass and can get you set up the right way without killing your bank account.

i hope this helps.

4. Jul 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
  5. Jul 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    yummjake

yummjake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    00' EXT Tacoma 4wd
    5100's, Toytec coils, all-pro standard 3" lift leaf springs.
    I do believe that OP is a 5 lugger. There are a few people around who have lifted their 5 lug trucks. I think some of them went with a Fat Bob's kit, so that may help you in your search. Best of luck!

6. Jul 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    ArmyTacoGuy

ArmyTacoGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab 2wd 2.7L
    black rim mod multi color LED's on floor boards Blacked out tail lights and headlights black emblems and white one in grille Police grade siren and PA system Glass Pack bull horn wired to radio in cab 10'' Kicker Bass House custom made intake hellogen bulbs Roof running lights aftermarket head unit
    Hey thanks for the info guys, I understand I'm not going for cheap so much, as I like to take pride in saying, u see that truck there I've done everything to it, nobody has worked on my truck other then me, and some help from friends and family but it's all mine from the door speakers to to the welds on the exhaust... I understand u gota buy a few things, so for the front end to bring it up... Say 3 inches... Would I need to drop the lower control arms stuff like that, and yes I have a 5 lug I do not plan on getting rid of the stock rims as I love the 15 in rim

Products Discussed in

To Top