1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Post TSB Measurements

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TakDwn, May 12, 2010.

1. May 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    TakDwn

TakDwn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar
    I thought I would post for those interested....

My truck: 2010 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double cab, base model. Tires are stock 245x75x16.

With around 400 miles on the truck I started the process of getting the TSB done. While bringing home some pavers from local stone company I noticed that the rear end was riding rough with the heavy load. The next day I stopped into the dealership with the TSB in-hand (THANKS TO TW). After a brief conversation with the service manager the parts were ordered without much hassle. Parts arrived in 4 days.

Measurements:
    Front taken from ground to fender, midline to wheel. 34 1/2" before and after = no change.

Rear taken from ground to fender, midline to wheel. Before 36 1/2". After TSB 37 3/4" = gain of 1 1/4". I don't know what exactly I was expecting but the difference visually is not noticable. However, the ride IMO is improved.

The ride is firmer but not rough at all. Rough roads, speed bumps, and dirt roads feel simular to pre-install of TSB. The major difference comes in carrying heavy loads. No longer bottoms out and rears springs take up the added weight while maintaining stability. Now at just over 900 miles and much usage of the bed there has been no change in measurements.

I hope this information helps another TW member in some way.

I'm looking forward to new rubber, wheels and a bit of lift soon. Nothing extreme as the Tacoma is my daily driver with the occasional mild trail. Tomorrow the truck will be tinted windows and I'll be putting on a factory hitch along with the complete wiring harnes this weekend. I have my 98 Wrangler fully locked and caged for the rocks. :D

2. May 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    ChibbMD

ChibbMD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
  3. May 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    TakDwn

TakDwn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC V6 Shortbed 4x4
    Bili's all around, front 5100's at 1.75", rear TSB w/AAL, 265x75/16 BFG AT, Wheelers steelies Type B 4" bs, LEER cap, Tinted, Relentless hybrid sliders welded, Cab mount chop, Plastic trimming, Sock retros, Mirror lift, Satoshi with old school emblem, WeatherTechs, Mudlaps gone, RedLine hood struts, Fumoto valve, Tailgate clamped, Console organizer, Mobtown Offroad Front Recovery Bar

Products Discussed in

To Top