1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rail tie down system

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eyball, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mar 8, 2008 at 9:30 PM
    eyball

eyball [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    20 Double cab TRD Sport Voodoo Blue
    So my truck came without the rails, for some reason the previous owner must have removed them. I found 4 of the cleat/hook things on ebay but I still need the rails. I am trying to place an order with TRD Parts 4U but they never answer their phone. I need the rails/bolts/ and end caps, plus I have no D rings in the bed so I want to order those.

Anyone know any other places to get these parts at a good price online?:)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Why would somebody remove all points of anchor in the bed of a truck? No rails, or D rings or anything? what the hell is the point of doing that? Anyway, sorry the dude that had the truck before you was a retard, hope you can find all hte parts you need

3. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Try calling them during normal business hours. I think that they are a standard Toyota dealership. But their prices might only be good if you order online.

4. Mar 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    You got me curious so I went to several Toyota sites and looked at the replacement parts catalogs .... found nothing about the rails. I thought that I would find them on the pickup box drawing ... no luck.

I find that odd seeing that you can pretty much order anything from those catalogs. Damn!

5. Mar 10, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    WildcaTaco

WildcaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab V6 TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Removed Secondary Air Filter
    You could try a junk yard, just find one with front end damage and the bed system should be fine.

6. Mar 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    Try during normal hours if not, i have Jacques cell number at TRDparts4u.

7. Mar 10, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    The guy was defenitly a moron. The only thing I can think is he took it off to sell on ebay or something. Maybe right before he traded it in. Who knows. Maybe he had something in the back where it was in the way, but I doubt it. I was going to wait and see if I really needed the tie downs but I noticed that the side rails actualy tie the sheet metal into the top of the bed when they are screwed in place. I also want the D-Hooks so I can tie down my motorcycle.

Gerone emailed me bacl today from TRDParts4U I guess they were out of town at a show or something. Now I just need to hook up with him to make the order.

I did score 4 of the tie down cleats on ebay for $41 which is good considering TRDParts4U sells em for $18.

8. Mar 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Check out the thread in my sig for a cheaper way to do the D-rings. I got 4 for around $6 IIRC from a trailer supply company. Took a little work to make them fit, but Toyota wants around $18/pair for it's D-rings.

And the stock Toyota ones tend to rust up on me so I have to occasionally hit them with some WD and a BFH to get them to pivot up to slip a hook through them.

9. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    eyball

Member:
    Dudley, MA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info. I tried looking for some aftermarket rings but I can only find weld on and ones that have two holes to bolt down. I hope I can find some otherwise I will have to buy some toyota ones. Atleast one set anyway.

10. Mar 10, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft

Same here. That's why I started searching online. In the cheap/free thread under the d-ring post I included the links to where I got my rings.

Edit:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods.html#post45406

11. Mar 10, 2008 at 8:06 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    Did you try toyotapart.com 1-800-581-3033 / Metro Toyota . I have bought a few things from them all oem and the guy greg in parts has been excellent I would definately give him a call ! Hes been real helpful to me the stuff certainly isnt discount pricing but its oem and I like oem stuff and dont mind paying for it

12. Mar 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    bcroach78

bcroach78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Crew cab TRD L/B S/C
    I know this thread is old as heck, but I have been looking for the rail system to add to my 1992 Toyota and I cannot find the rail system on trdparts4u.com Any help would be appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top