1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sounds/vibration days after lift.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Arrogant Basturd, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Apr 9, 2017 at 8:54 PM
    Arrogant Basturd

Arrogant Basturd [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black DCLB TRD Sport
    Hi guys.
    This is my first thread.
    I'll start off my saying I greatly appreciate all your help in advance.

2015 Tacoma DCLB Prerunner (regret)

I got some King coilovers with remote reservoir and adjusters (front and back)installed this past Friday. Add a leaf. steal brake lines. icon UCAs.
    Purchased and installed at 4 Wheel Parts.
    Didn't have the time/confidence to install myself.

Tires still stock (planning on getting 32.8" tires soon)

It raised me up about 2 inches on all 4 corners. Everything seemed great driving home and running errands.

Saturday. I work 50 miles away. Did some wheeling in the canyons by work before coming home. Everything seemed to have performed well. I may have bottomed out a couple of times on the front end.

Sunday as i'm leaving work. I notice some kind of creak/feeling in the trucks body. Not the steering wheel. Not the pedals. More like the floor/chassis
    I do drive on dirt roads on the weekends.

The sound is more like a feeling, hard to describe.
    From a stop, if I start moving forward and hold the wheel to keep me straight or prevent me from drifting out of a straight line. I would hear/feel it.
    Pulled into a parking lot to see if i would notice anything obvious. (only real experience would be changing oil and changing flats.. so not too much knowledge about suspension besides the little research i did before purchasing.)
    Noticed that, if i don't hold the steering wheel and let the car drive straight on its own, i wouldn't hear/feel it.
    Couldn't figure it out. Drove home.

Kept paying attention to it. And seemed to be getting more obvious/noticeable.
    It doesn't seem to be set to a certain frequency (ie. vibration).
    I only notice at low speeds, because at about 20 mph road noise seems to make it hard to discern.
    I first only heard/felt it when i make slight adjustments to the steering wheel while driving in a straight line. Then it seemed to happen with wide angled/slow turns.

Happened to meet a fellow TacomaWorld member at Costco. Talked briefly. He recommended retorquing all my bolts (which i was planning on doing in a couple of weeks, not a couple of days).
    Does this seem right? Do you guys think retorquing will solve?
    Any one delt with something like this?

I am going to call 4 wheel parts tomorrow as they are closed on Sundays.

Got a 4 day desert trip coming up in a week and a half and want to be ready.

I'm really having trouble describing the sound/feeling

2. Apr 9, 2017 at 9:14 PM
    azzwethinkweiz

azzwethinkweiz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DCSB V6 6-Spd, TRD OR, Tow Package
    Its hard to say, especially when you can't exactly pinpoint the noise. But lifting the vehicle does drastically alter the way it handles... definitely recheck your hardware for proper torque and maybe it will just take some getting used to?

3. Apr 9, 2017 at 9:26 PM
    Arrogant Basturd

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the reply. I hope torquing them down again will be the solution.

4. Apr 9, 2017 at 9:32 PM
    birdman076

birdman076 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB SR5 PreRunner 4x2
    Bull Bar, 4" SS Side Steps, LED Bulb Replacements Throughout, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, T-Rex SS Grill Inserts
  5. Apr 9, 2017 at 9:53 PM
    Arrogant Basturd

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate the response.
    When you had the noise/sloppiness, Was that right away? or did you have a couple/few days of perfect driving and then suddenly you experience the slop
    Because mine seemed to happen suddenly. A couple days of already driving.

6. Apr 9, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    birdman076

birdman076 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB SR5 PreRunner 4x2
    Bull Bar, 4" SS Side Steps, LED Bulb Replacements Throughout, Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, T-Rex SS Grill Inserts
    Mine was immediate, the alignment obviously played into it and still does but even with the pulling around when dealing with imperfections in the road and some wandering its x1000 better than it was before doing the relocation. I had a "pop" every once in a while turning full lock which I assume was the sway bar going into a binding position it didn't like lol. It wasn't hitting anything and the relocation is mainly for moving it away from the shocks, but it made a helluva difference and worth every penny of the $30.00.

7. Apr 9, 2017 at 10:40 PM
    Arrogant Basturd

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Vehicle:
  8. Apr 10, 2017 at 2:42 AM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd

Products Discussed in

To Top