1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock to locked poll......

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by vball6pac, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    vball6pac

vball6pac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Alexandra, VA
    Vehicle:
    white 09 4dr TRD O/R 4x4
    Front skid plate. Hood protector, and wade in-channel guards. K&N CAI. Weathertech floormats, and door scuff guards. Tri-fold soft tonneau cover.
    I have a stock suspension, I would love a 6", but I have a daily driver, and the garage I park in has a 6' limit. Looking for the best idea's for a 3 ". I've looked into the toytec, old man emu, and pro comp.....Pro comp seem likely, for the price, and that I don't do alot of trails right now.

2. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    What that guy said ^^

3. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    vball6pac

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Alexandra, VA
    Vehicle:
    white 09 4dr TRD O/R 4x4
    Front skid plate. Hood protector, and wade in-channel guards. K&N CAI. Weathertech floormats, and door scuff guards. Tri-fold soft tonneau cover.
    I'm not really worried about $$$ since I am only going 3". What I am worried about is the trail ride. I am used to the "truck" ride. My last truck was a lifted 2002 tacoma prerunner, with a rough country lift. Pretty rough, but it was a truck. I just don't want to get something and have to replace it later, because it wasn't that good. I'm looking at the pro comp right now, because it is cheaper, and will give me the look I want. I am 6'4", and am starting to get tired of sitting in a truck, instead of climbing into a truck.

4. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
    just remember one thing in the end. you get what you pay for. OME is a great suspension, so is bilstien. the 5100's are a very good option. and relatively cheap.

5. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    1) What does this have to do with locked?

2) If $ is not a concern, any reason you're not looking at high-end coilovers?

6. Mar 30, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
  7. Mar 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    vball6pac

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Alexandra, VA
    Vehicle:
    white 09 4dr TRD O/R 4x4
    Doesn't really have anything to do with locked. Sounded good. Figured someone would have something to say about it.

As far as the high end coilovers, that is why I started this thread, so that I could get some ideas.

Price isn't an option, because its not happening until Christmas.

Products Discussed in

To Top