1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supercharger Help

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Heschke, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Apr 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    Hey guys I just bought a used supercharger this week for my 07 4.0L V6 w/ 93k, and I have a few questions if you could help me out. It came with everything except injectors and I know stock ones will not do, I was told URD makes some but I could not find any for the 4.0L V6? Does anyone know where I can find some and what price they run at? Also will this thing work with the stock intake or do I need an aftermarket cai? Will it run on regular or only premium gas? I am going to install myself so any tips on the install will be a big help. Thanks!

2. Apr 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    you need premium fuel in it always after the blower is installed. you can try to find someone who has a set of the trd 425 injectors or you could try to order new ones from toyota. those will be all you can run unless you have an x-1 tuner or equivalent. there is an awesome write up on the trd install on here somewhere give me a few mins ill look around for it.

3. Apr 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    i'm gonna guess it's the TRD kit because the URD kit doesn't need bigger injectors unless you get the MKII and that one needs a x-1 and a lot more stuff.......

So to answer your questions....

1. Bigger injectors from URD are not able to be controlled by the stock ecu so you will need a tuning system to control them.

2. No you do not need an aftermarket intake for the TRD set up. The URD set up comes with everything you need to get it going.

3. Good luck finding the TRD injectors.... they don't sell them separately so you will need to find someone who has upgraded there trd injectors to the 68lbs injectors.

4. 91 or higher or you will get ping.

4. Apr 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
  5. Apr 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    Heschke

Heschke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner
    Yes sorry it is a TRD supercharger. So I cant run URD injectors with just the stock ecu? What programmer/system do i need to run them? Does anyone know how much trd injectors from the dealer would be if they even have them? It also has a urd 2.8 pulley on it if that effects the size of injectors i need. thanks for all answers so far and finding the thread.

6. Apr 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    X1 but they are no longer available. (Control injectors)

You may want to get in contact with gadget though and see if the MAPECU3 can handle those injectors once it is released. The MAPECU2 may not be able to handle that big of an injector safely so he doesn't recommend using that for the injectors he sells.

The TRD Injectors will be fine I think even with the 2.8 pulley. You will have to get your ECU reflashed though. If you decide on not getting a tuning system for it.

7. Apr 16, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Here's the part #'s for the injectors PTR24-3507.

8. Apr 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    #1- You should be able to buy the injectors thru your dealer from TRD. TRD buy's the parts separately then packs them nicely in a box as an entire kit. If for some reason your local guy have no clue what you are talking about it ???? then call TRDparts 4u and they should be able to help you. I belive they sell the largest amount of superchargers on line.
    #2- Once you install the supercharger you will need to reflush your ecu at Toyota or if you can pay??? buy a APR box from URD. Is about $1100 or so.
    the guys are saying that this is the best , most efficient set up. The way your ecu is set up now,,, will not work. Will need to compensate for additional air and gas.
    #3- I had the 2.85 pulley installed after the supercharger was installed and I did not need a new reflush. . Based on my calculation,, the difference is about 6-7 %. and the ecu adjust tothe difference. Same as you would go form sea level to 12000' altitude.
    I hope this help and don't be afraid to install that baby by your self. The best satisfaction you will get after.

9. Apr 26, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    Richdvc

Richdvc Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport 4x4
    3" ICON Lift AFE Cold Air Intake JBA Long tube headers Magnaflow Exhaust Urd 2.825 pulley Custom Rear HC bumper
    If you bought the Supercharger with the URD pulley with no injectors on ebay for $3000. Its the one i thought about buying too. I did my RESEARCH! and looked for injectors everywhere for what the seller said it should be $500 dollars BS. I called URD and Gadget said their injectors would not work as previous post have stated why. The only injectors that will work are the TRD ones that you can get from dealer. They are $190 bucks apeice for a grand total of $1200ish for dealer will also charge you to order them plus if you get them youll still have to take truck back to dealer for Flash of ECU after you install charger thats about a $100. I ended up buying one from TRDPart4u.com for $3600 with full warranty, had dealer install for $550 to keep truck warranty. So with that said I saved more money just buying new.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top