1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taking delivery of a 2012, what should I be on the lookout for?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MrMophandle, May 9, 2012.

1. May 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    MrMophandle

MrMophandle [OP] Member

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    MY12 SR5
    About a month ago I put a deposit down on a 2012 AC, and the delivery date is fast approaching! (I'm sure there's a baby pun in there somewhere, but I couldn't find it) :D
    The day I arrive at the dealer to meet my new truck for the first time, I want to be armed with the knowledge of a few things/issues that others have run into.

I'd like to start a running list of issues that other 2012 owners have run into, so any new owners can also look for these things when they take delivery. Here's the list I have so far.

• Brake Pedal Vibration - with the truck running but not moving, try depressing the brake pedal several times. Do this before driving, during your test drive, and as you pull into the dealer lot. A vibration in the pedal should lead you to THIS thread.
    • Driveline Vibration - (may only be for manual transmissions) During a 1-2 upshift, a vibration is noticed. OP also noted this only occurred after 150 miles or so. Thread for reference.

Not part of the list, but worth keeping handy.
    Here's the link to find out which recalls your VIN are impacted by. Here's the original thread/poster who found this.

Are there any other things us new guys should be on the lookout for? Other then the instant need to start modifying my truck. :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top