1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The road so far......

Discussion in 'Health' started by Newlife, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:18 AM
    Newlife

Newlife [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    So it's been a while since I've really been active on the forums or attended meets or even offered up the usual help to work on a locals truck or go grab some food with a local. It's not necessarily that I didn't want to. In fact a few times I was invited it was very hard not to go. But there was a good reason about this. About 3-4 of you already know what has been going on simply from me telling you or seeing me or following me on Instagram.
    Most of you know me as this guy. But what you don't know is this:image.jpg

image.jpg

Being obese almost all of my life, it was easy to stay big and not really care. You get to the point where the jokes and what not don't bother you anymore. So things naturally get out of control. In August of last year, I was confronted with a statement that totally changed my life. I never thought one little thing uttered by a 2 year old would have such an impact on my life. That night I was sitting on my couch watching TV, when I went to get up, I couldn't without trying twice. After realizing I was so heavy that I couldn't even push off the couch under my own power, things became very real, very quick. So a change had to be made. I made the decision that the next day was going to be the day, and I went to bed with a goal in mind.

On August 10, 2015. I joined Workout Anytime in Bearden and decided this was it. This was the hardest thing I was ever going to do. I made the decision that my life was worth more than I was giving it, and that I was the only person that could change things.

Things were very slow to begin with, including one failed first day of working out in which I literally passed out but that didn't deter me. I had to do this. I started slow. From 10 minutes to 20,30,40,50 and finally a full 90 minutes of cardio. I took a day to see what I was feeding myself, and I was disgusted with what I was doing to myself. I was eating McDonald’s and fast food daily consuming upwards to 6-7000 calories. It was a problem.

Just as I would spend countless hours searching for parts on the internet, I stopped that and started searching weight loss goals and joining places likebodybuilding.com, fitshape.com, and myfitnesspal. Anything I could find that would educate me on my new lifestyle, I read or joined. Finding new and exciting ways to change my life was amazing. I was so overwhelmed with all of the people that had made this journey and were currently making it. People from all over the world were doing this or already had, and I felt great. I felt inspired.

The first weigh in.... Well that was a hard pill to swallow. I had been working out a little bit and had already changed the diet up. From a picture taken in March, I had estimated that I had already dropped about 20lbs prior to really digging down and starting everything. So onwards to the first weigh in. When I went to the gym I tried to weigh and the scale would error out every time. Finding out that the scale stopped at 350 lbs., I was mortified. I never ever thought this would happen. My only choice was to go to the hospital to weigh in and quickly, once stepping on one of those industrial scales, I realized how bad things were, an alarming 393.6 lbs.

The grueling reality set in, and I went at this full steam ahead. Never slowing down the first 3 weeks, I dropped to a respectable 371 lbs. I had a long way to go but I was motivated and seeing the scale drop was even more of a reminder that I could do this. The next few months went by day after day seeing a new result or the ability to push myself harder and harder.

I made the decision sometime in November that I was going to go home the lightest I had been since I was 16. I was going to make it home 300 lbs. or less. I never expected to actually do it. On December 24, 2015, 136 days into my journey, I pulled into my parents drive way at 290 lbs., the lightest my parents had seen me in 16 years. To say they were shocked would be an understatement.

Since then, I've continued my journey just as intense as I had the very first day. I don't give up and I don't say “it's ok I can skip today.” I make every single day count, and I am so much healthier, happier, and alive now than I ever was before.

Oh btw here ya go.

This is at 265.5 lbs

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hawco636, SC4333, Red Baron and 55 others like this.
  2. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    Congrats man keep it up!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM
    Jeppa63

Jeppa63 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Sport DCLB
    Lifestyle changes are the hardest, yet most rewarding thing you will ever do. Congrats!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM
    Hondah

Hondah Revelations 6:8

Member:
    Newnan, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '13 RC 4x4
    Holy crap brother. Congratulations! You got me all teared up over here! From a stranger across the way, and for what its worth, way to go!!!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:30 AM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    That's awesome.
    Keep it going.
    And pass some of that motivation this way.

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  6. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:31 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Hats off to you. That is awesome!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  7. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:33 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    What a motivator. Good on you bro. Keep it up!

ChadsPride and Newlife[OP] like this.
  8. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:37 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    Lookin good!!!!

9. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    Way to go Adam as a friend that has seen your transformation. And your drive I can honestly say I'm proud of you and what you're doing. Way to go and keep it up till you reach your realistic goal. Glad to support you in your journey and glad to call you a friend. Keep up the lifestyle and enjoy a longer life bud.

Newlife[OP] and PinnaclePete like this.
  10. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    stphnman20

stphnman20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SCV
    Vehicle:
    2016 T4R
    Keep at it man. Hard work pays off!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  11. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:48 AM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    Holy crap!

Wow man, keep it uP!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  12. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:50 AM
    beertimecontinuum

beertimecontinuum What's outside the simulation?

Member:
    First Name:
    Everett
    Ky,Earth,SolarSystem,MilkyWay,VirgoSupercluster
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite DCSB VEEEEEE 1.618
    FoxShox, Dirt King Heims, Chevy63s, 2UZ-FE V8 Flowmaster 40, Demello Front/DYF Rear w/Swigouts, BAMF sliders, DYFAF
  13. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    T4RFTMFW and Newlife[OP] like this.
  14. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:54 AM
    Scoobarooo

Scoobarooo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Brooksville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 DCSB TRD OR
    3" OME/Bilstein, Retrofits, Custom Bed rack/Toolbox, Amsoil Everything, tons of others.
    :DHoly crap! You have accomplished something truly awesome! Keep it the hard work, it's definitely paying off.

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  15. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Good for you man. Glad you got some good perspective and have the perseverance to do something about it. Now get out and hit up some Tacomaworld mod days and BBQ's. Working on trucks is good cardio and BBQ'ed red meat can be as healthy as it is delicious.

Newlife[OP] and zacharypaul89 like this.
  16. Mar 1, 2016 at 9:57 AM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Shit, I have a hard time losing 15 pounds. That's some crazy awesome progress, impressive !

Scoobarooo and Newlife[OP] like this.
  17. Mar 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM
    PinnaclePete

PinnaclePete I am what I am

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    '14 Sport DCLB Pyrite, 2015 DCSB Barcelona Limited
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    Everything that is good happens with hard work. Prayers for your continued strength Adam.

I'll be in Knoxville at a conference in 3 weeks, hope to see you driving around...

T4RFTMFW and Newlife[OP] like this.
  18. Mar 1, 2016 at 10:06 AM
    YotaGurlIAm

YotaGurlIAm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Madison
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 4.7L - wait..I’m on the wrong forum.
    Stuff n' Thangs
    Awesome story. You are an inspiration to many people, glad to see how happy you are in that photo! Keep up the good work!

Newlife[OP] likes this.
  19. Mar 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Wow man, you have undergone an amazing transformation thus far. I mean it- amazing. I gotta give you major props, dude. It takes a strong-willed person to do what you are doing- the vast majority of people lack your motivation and determination. Congratulations man, I sincerely hope that you continue to do well.
    I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

20. Mar 1, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    Boonie Buster

Boonie Buster Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNWet
    Vehicle:
    2014 Access Cab TRD
    WOW! Great Job! You should feel very proud of yourself! You're an inspiration to others.

Thanks for sharing,
    Aaron

Newlife[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top