1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tire recommendation

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by hwork50, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Dec 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM
    hwork50

hwork50 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Clemente
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 AC
    DTRL, Skid Plate, Bed Extender, ipod hook up in glove bo, bed mat, rubber mats, Garmin GPS, 2.5"Toyotec lift with 5100 shocks and Eibach springs.
    So I just complete the 5100 eibach suspension upgrade and now my little tires look like prius tires on a Tacoma.

I am going to keep the stock wheels but will need some tires.

Here is kinda what I am looking for: Good dry pavement, I live in SoCal so that should say something, I will do some light offroad in Mexico but 90% of the time will be on the freeway and regular roads. I would also like them to last a while as money is tight.

I also need some size recommendations as I would like my 25 mpg to stay pretty close to that so the tire cannot be too heavy.

Here is a pic: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZjzpaLSnVRlbTBx7ZWl21Q?feat=directlink[​IMG]

BP

[​IMG]

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Theres a poll going on about BFG's Vs Revo2 and those are my pics for the tires, i run the revos1 and they are some very nice tires good on and off road, i sure am getting my money worth out of these tires

3. Dec 9, 2009 at 10:00 PM
    hwork50

Member:
    San Clemente
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 AC
    DTRL, Skid Plate, Bed Extender, ipod hook up in glove bo, bed mat, rubber mats, Garmin GPS, 2.5"Toyotec lift with 5100 shocks and Eibach springs.
    What size tires are you running?

4. Dec 9, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    265-70-16

5. Dec 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    I think some 265/75-R16 BFG KO tires would look really good on your truck.

I've got them on mine with a 2.5" OME lift and they look great! Ride on pavement is smooth. Great handling on and off road. Pretty heavy tire so get one in the lowest load range to keep the weight down. Also, the 265/75-R16 size fits the stock rims really well. Can still get tire chains on without any problem and do without any rubbing or need for wheel offsets.

I spent a lot of time researching different tires when I got mine. Like you I do about 90% of my driving on pavement and it's my daily driver. Also, like you I like to get a little crazy now and then.. and especially on dirt roads.

This tire has exceeded my expectations. A well designed/engineered tire with a solid reputation. Only downside is that they'll cost you some cash $$$

I spent just under $1000 for 5 of them installed.

6. Dec 10, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    hwork50

Member:
    San Clemente
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 AC
    Did you ever consider the REVO 2's? What is the weight of the 2 different tires?

BP

Products Discussed in

To Top