1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA's.... why?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by texastacobueno, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno [OP] Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    I keep reading that people are installing the total chaos upper control arms, why do people do that? is it necessary on a truck with billy's set at 1.75"? I think I just need a Taco for Dummies book or somethin.

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    I think it's to fix alignment issues and possible fit bigger tires.

3. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    UCAs can help with tire clearance...and the alignment is really the large benefit. As you lift the truck higher and higher it gets less and less likely that you'll be able to get your alignment in spec.

At 1.75 you might not need them- but if you have alignment issues UCAs are the first place you should look.

4. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    Klipp11

Klipp11 s3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC 4x4 LB
    OME 885 coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1.5" AAL, TC uca's, cab mount chop, 5000k HID heads and fogs, LED tails, satoshi GC w/ Hella 500's mounted behind it with 5000k HID upgrade, Extang solid tri-fold tonneau cover, Yakima roof rack, fog light anytime mod, disable a/c defrost mod

Products Discussed in

To Top