1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Updating on the wet passenger floor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by photoguy, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sep 16, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    photoguy

photoguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD
    After months of 'getting ready' to do the cowl fix, I finally got around to it a month ago. Made a nice little 'roof' that I'd hoped would do the trick. I'm just back from a camping trip and taking the mats out for a good cleaning and guess what I find? Yup...wet passenger floor. Oof...

Doing a little YT research and armed with a garden hose I think I discovered the real issue as it was easy to repeat the test of water coming in. It seems that there's a wire (radio antenna maybe? it has blue tape on it's end) that passes through the right front fender area into the cabin and is visible once you peel back the carpet. There's also a rubber grommet that is supposed to seal the hole but, nope...it was pushed through the hole. I didn't discover this on my own, there's a video on YT that did all the heavy lifting. I don't want to link somebody else's video but if you search for this it should turn up. Also, the grommet was a quick pull to reseat it in the hole and voila...no more water dripping down. (Notice the mis-spelling)
    08 Toyoata Tacoma water leak(passenger floor)

super_white and TnShooter like this.
  2. Sep 16, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    photoguy[OP] and Jimmyh like this.
  3. Sep 17, 2020 at 8:05 AM
    photoguy

photoguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD
    Thanks for that link. I've thought for a while that the radio reception isn't what it should be....add one to the to-do list ;)

Re: the leak- I was surprised in the video when he pointed out that the rubber grommet wasn't sealing the hole and that he'd found the exact same thing a year earlier on another truck. I thought 'what are the odds' and then when I looked at mine found the exact same situation. I wonder if they simply have a tendency to pop out as it seems unlikely that they were left loose when the trucks were built.

4. Sep 17, 2020 at 2:58 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    No telling. My reception is not what it used to be either. I just don’t want to deal with it right now. The station I listen to the most is still coming in good.

photoguy[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top