1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weather tech mats for manual trans

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Fed Taco, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jan 2, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    Fed Taco

Fed Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cale
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Wheels & Tires, weathertech floor liners, Areo Turbine Exhaust
    Do the weather tech mats fit manuals trans? I look online and only see for auto? I don't see what the big difference could be. Anybody know if there could be problems getting them for my 08?

2. Jan 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal I think I'm getting the Fear.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
    I couldn't find a set specifically for the manual... maybe somebody on here knows. If you order the auto set you will have to trim the drivers side just a little. The clutch will catch on it if you do not. I have a set and just trimmed the drivers side, 0 problems. when you put them in you will see... just dont go driving to test them.

3. Jan 2, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    IndigoTaco

IndigoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab Sport 4x4
    I ordered them, and just trimmed a small cutout for the clutch because it caught VERY occasionally. All the protection and it fits my truck, I have no complaints. Great mats.

4. Jan 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 2wd AC SR5
    HID's, extra D-rings
    +1. carved about 3/8" scoop out of the clutch pedal area with a pocket knife and no problems since. great mats!

5. Jan 2, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    Clutch interference is the concern that means WeatherTech does not produce mats for a manual.

A small notch below the clutch pedal will do the trick. I also put the hook side of some Industrial Velco under mine and it sticks to the rug pretty good. With the retention hooks near the seat- It works great.

6. Jan 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    Fed Taco

Fed Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cale
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Wheels & Tires, weathertech floor liners, Areo Turbine Exhaust
    Ok thanks for all the info. Doesn't sound like anything I can't handle.

7. Jan 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    putawaywet

putawaywet Yaris Offroader

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Access Cab V6 6MT Black Sand Pearl
    USA-SPEC iPod interface; bed liner; more to come...
    Good to know - I've got a set on order for my 2010 manual...

8. Jan 12, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab 2.7L SR5 5spd, 4x4
    5100 set to .85 w/ rear TSB, 2012 Rear-view Mirror, Grillecraft, Team Trails FJ Wheels, TPMS canister, Rear headrest delete, Rear console delete, Valley Hitch, Frame undercoat, $2.99 Tailgate hose clamp lock, Avid light bar, 4x4 lighted switch ala Biceman.
  9. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    GPx

GPx Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 4x4 Regular Cab Black Sand Metallic
    Medium Window Tint, Tailgate hose clamp, Hella Triple Air Horns, Mobil 1 0w20, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole's, Red Line MT90 in trans/transfer case, Red Line 75w85 in diffs.
    No problem...I installed them on my 4cyl/5 spd, just a simple trim of about a 2" x 4" piece of material with a simple sharp scissors. Note the trimmed area under the pedal in the 2nd pic.

[​IMG]

Check clutch pedal movement and trim as needed.

This is one of the best upgrades to do, IMHO.

[​IMG]

10. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    Mainehunter

Mainehunter Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    FL panhandle
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 TRD offroad
    Same here-- I've got an '09 manual and with minor trimming no problems at all, have had for probably 6 mos, clutch has never caught. I had called them originally to ask before ordering, a lady told me the reason they don't make them for manuals is because they're not common enough for them to bother making a different version. She also told me to just trim them.

Great product, I just hose mine off when I wash the truck.

11. Sep 16, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just ordered mine I cant wait to get them, my current all weather mats suck there the ones that say tacoma on them I forgot who made them.

12. Sep 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM
    kxhansen

kxhansen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Staten Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl Cab SR5 6spd Silver
    WeatherTech window deflectors WeatherTech floor liners (front) and mats (rear) Alpine 9886 Pop n Lock 5300 Fold a Cover G4 GT Covers seat covers
    I've had mine in my 09 6 speed since May 2009 and I didn't even have to trim them. I didn't get the laser fit for the rear (I have a double cab), I got the mats, but after looking at it, I think the rears would be OK - maybe just some minor trimming. Great mats.

13. Oct 8, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    i had to trim my digitals in my reg cab 2010 5 speed manual. i actually could not believe that a mat that fits so well would hang up on the clutch pedal! and when i ordered them i even called and let them know exactly what truck i have.
    but alas it was an easy fix that you can not see unless you practically kneel down and look right at it. other than that i think they are the best protection for your rugs money can buy.

14. Oct 8, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Tacoma offroad armor fabricating beast Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Eastern side of the Sierras, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4> 03 SR5 4x4 total> 14 Crewmax TRD
    Had tons on the Taco's.... new truck is pretty stock
    I just cut mine a little and they fit fine!

15. Oct 10, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    blahablaha

blahablaha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Father
    KS
    Vehicle:
    2006 Silver 4WD v6 manual
    Thanks for the info on this, including the photos. I've just purchased an 06 4wd v6 manual and was a bit worried about the disclaimer on the weathertech website--but the order is in and I'm off and running. These forums are incredibly helpful! You laid a newbie's mind to rest.

16. Oct 10, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Locker, Yaesu FT 8900 Ham Radio
    Mine hung up the clutch. At first I thought there was no interference, so I didn't do anything. It's distressing when starting from a light though, and shifting, and your clutch sticks in! So I notched mine in a nearby parking lot with a pocket knife. Cut out a couple square inches. Works great now.

What I really like about 'em is how easy it makes cleaning the interior. No vacuum cleaner. Just pull the mat, shake it out/empty, then wipe it down with the damp towel I'm using for dusting the rest of the interior.

Two thumbs up!

To Top