1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to tap 'ignition on' under hood

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pdx_climber, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Jun 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM
    pdx_climber

pdx_climber [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco Access Cab V6 4X4
    I am in the final step of my dual battery install... just need to tap into INGNITION somewhere. Im using a PAC-200 - which sadly doesnt have a delay but for my needs its good enough and I've been spending too much on this truck. I'll post some pix of my build when I'm done.

Anyway, I would expect to tap from the under-hood fuse box. But after 40min of searching online I don't see which to tap. Per PAC cust support, I want to connect to an IGNITION ON source. It will turn off momentarily while the engine is cranking to disconnect the two batteries. I do like the Blue Sea solution with a 30sec delay a lot better but my wife rejected the extra $40. Doesnt she know I'll just upgrade later???

So.. if you please, where can i tap? I'm ok with an add-a-fuse or a vamp-splice solution.

Thanks!
    IMG_2292.jpg

2. Jun 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    Check out this thread:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/switch-pro-8-switch-panel-group-buy.389851/

The first part of the thread is about a group buy for the Switch Pro 8100. That group buy fell through but the thread has become a gathering place for people who ended up buying the product. Part of the way the Switch Pro works is to get a signal from an ignition source so if you sift through the tail end of the thread you might be able to come up with some information that others have discovered.

3. Jun 7, 2016 at 4:50 PM
    caribe makaira

caribe makaira Well-Known Member

Member:
    Caribbean, Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Offroad AutoTrans
    Hood Struts, My version Fogs always ON, Map & Overhead Light Mod,
  4. Jun 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    pdx_climber

pdx_climber [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco Access Cab V6 4X4
    Ah poop... didn't see this, so I just went thru the firewall and tapped into IGN... but I was already using that for my backup camera so all is good. Hopefully that helps someone else.
    Now on to post about my build..

5. Aug 4, 2021 at 3:04 PM
    Danieldlibra

Danieldlibra Member

Member:
    I searched for a this same topic and found this old thread. So the limewire is an ignition wire? I have the Trigger system and don't want to wire the yellow directly to the red as it states it can but draw power slowly and drain the battery. There are times I don't turn on my truck for 4 to 6 days and would hate for the batter to get drained. Thank you for this old thread it helped me out.

6. Aug 5, 2021 at 6:16 AM
    BlkDakDave

BlkDakDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    CC TX
    Vehicle:
    07 AC PreRunner TRD/Off Road
    Interesting... I've been looking at putting in an ignition kill switch to deter my vehicle being stolen while I'm out tearing up a single track in the woods. Usually pull the fuel pump relay. Seems like tapping into this lime wire might be what I'm looking for. Or it this just wishful thinking.

Products Discussed in

To Top