1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who Here is the Entune Guru?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Tactical_Panda, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mar 7, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Tactical_Panda [OP] Armchair Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Double Cab, Off-Road Edition
    AJT Designs Shifter AJT Designs Battery Hold-Down ARB Awning 2500x2500 ARB Twin Compressor w/ Slee Offroad Mounting Bracket Avid Brush Bar Avid Step Bars Black Rock Wheels Series 997 Type 8 Circuit Breaker/Relay Panel Custom TRD Decals Bulletproof Fabricating Raptor Grill Bulletproof Fabricating Cooling Panel Bulletproof Fabricating Tow Hook Duluth Trading Company Dog Hammock Exhaust Breather Mod eBay Special 3-Gallon Air Tank Expedition Essentials TPAM EZ Down tailgate damper Flagpole Mounts, Dual Foglight Mod Front Camera Rear Camera; full time available General Grabber tires Goat Armor Hella Supertone Horns Iggy Switch Panel Icon Dynamics Stage 3 Suspension Katskin Leather Interior KickAss camp shower LED Bed Lights LED Interior Lights Midland MXT275 GMRS Two-Way Radio OEM Audio Plus Reference 500 audio upgrade Plano Cases. 42" roof mounted, X2 Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle Prinsu Cab Rack Prinsu-like Shell Rack Redline Tuning Hood Struts Rigid Industries 40" Light Bar Rigid Industries Ditch Lights Rigid Industries Spotlights Toyota Bed Step UltraGauge EM Plus v1.4 Vixen Air Horns, Four-Trumpet Whole bunch of decals worth about 5HP each Yakima Road Shower, 10-gal
    I just bought a 2015 with the non-nav non-JBL Entune head unit.

I have lots of questions.

2. Mar 7, 2017 at 7:18 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'd go ahead and ask them..

Daria likes this.
  3. Mar 7, 2017 at 7:26 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    AJT Designs Shifter AJT Designs Battery Hold-Down ARB Awning 2500x2500 ARB Twin Compressor w/ Slee Offroad Mounting Bracket Avid Brush Bar Avid Step Bars Black Rock Wheels Series 997 Type 8 Circuit Breaker/Relay Panel Custom TRD Decals Bulletproof Fabricating Raptor Grill Bulletproof Fabricating Cooling Panel Bulletproof Fabricating Tow Hook Duluth Trading Company Dog Hammock Exhaust Breather Mod eBay Special 3-Gallon Air Tank Expedition Essentials TPAM EZ Down tailgate damper Flagpole Mounts, Dual Foglight Mod Front Camera Rear Camera; full time available General Grabber tires Goat Armor Hella Supertone Horns Iggy Switch Panel Icon Dynamics Stage 3 Suspension Katskin Leather Interior KickAss camp shower LED Bed Lights LED Interior Lights Midland MXT275 GMRS Two-Way Radio OEM Audio Plus Reference 500 audio upgrade Plano Cases. 42" roof mounted, X2 Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle Prinsu Cab Rack Prinsu-like Shell Rack Redline Tuning Hood Struts Rigid Industries 40" Light Bar Rigid Industries Ditch Lights Rigid Industries Spotlights Toyota Bed Step UltraGauge EM Plus v1.4 Vixen Air Horns, Four-Trumpet Whole bunch of decals worth about 5HP each Yakima Road Shower, 10-gal
    The first thing is, I've heard rumblings that it is possible to sync your Android smartphone and using some kind of app you make make your phone's navigator app appear on the Entune screen. Every hear of anything like that?

4. Mar 9, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Anyone? Anyone? .....Bueller?

5. Mar 9, 2017 at 7:26 AM
    Dunkle

Dunkle Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco
  6. Mar 9, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
  7. Mar 14, 2017 at 6:57 AM
    sysmai

sysmai Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    You won't be seeing an android phone actual screen on the display. You can use the Entune app to sync the embedded software up, but what you are talking about is more screen mirroring, and that from everything I know of is not supported by Toyota. I've actually read that they didn't go with either IOS or Android. So as far as the Entune audio deck goes I am right there with you. I wish I could replace it and still have the functions that will only come with the factory deck.

8. Mar 14, 2017 at 9:08 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    I don't want to spend the money for an Entune NAV unit, but it would be nice to have the Nav App on my phone appear on the Entune screen, even if I would not control it from there.

9. Mar 14, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    sysmai

sysmai Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    I hear upgrading to the NAV is like over 1000 bucks. Thats just stupid. You can get a Pioneer-8200NEX with the Maestro RR connections to keep all the original functions for just over 1k. That is if you feel like using the 800 dollar deck, but with the Maestro you can use the 7200 or many others, I just really like the capacitive screen.

10. Mar 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Does the Entune Apps Suite work with the Entune Audio Plus version?

11. Apr 4, 2017 at 5:17 AM
    Tactical_Panda

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    OK.

My Tacoma has the non-navigation Entune head unit, which includes Satellite Radio. I also have a life-time subscription to SiriusXM. They don't offer life-time subscriptions anymore but since I already have it, I'm grandfathered in and still get to keep it. I'm allowed a maximum of three transfers of the subscription to a new vehicle or head unit (it goes by the SiriusXM receiver's serial number). I burned one of those transfers when I switched from my old Tundra to my new Tacoma.

Now I'm thinking I'd like to get an Entune head unit WITH navigation, like off of eBay or something. The problem is, I'm afraid if I do, I'll have to use another transfer to move the SiriusXM subscription to the Nav unit leaving me with only one remaining transfer.

Now my question is, is the SiriusXM receiver a separate device from the radio head unit itself? I'm thinking that if it is, I could keep the SiriusXM receiver and plug it in to the Nav Entune head unit.

Will that work? Or is the SiriusXM receiver built into the head unit itself (which would require me to burn another transfer)?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Apr 12, 2017 at 3:01 PM
    whiting1977

whiting1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 PreRunner
    Yes the SiriusXM module is separate from the Entune Head unit. When I replaced my Entune Plus with an Entune Premium (with Nav) I simply used the SiriusXM module that came with the truck. You should be able to do the same and not burn a transfer.

Tactical_Panda[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top