Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift Questions

Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Justroc is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift Questions

Hey guys, I am in the market for a lift kit, and have researched many different options. From everyones positive reviews I have decided to go with the Old Man Emu set up.

My question is does anyone have the complete set up? If so how are you liking it and what size tires are you running?

"Includes either Original NitroCharger or Nitrocharger Sport front and rear shocks, 885 front coil springs, Dakar rear leaf springs w/ bushings, front trim packer, driveline bearing drop kit and u-bolts"
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justroc View Post
Hey guys, I am in the market for a lift kit, and have researched many different options. From everyones positive reviews I have decided to go with the Old Man Emu set up.

My question is does anyone have the complete set up? If so how are you liking it and what size tires are you running?

"Includes either Original NitroCharger or Nitrocharger Sport front and rear shocks, 885 front coil springs, Dakar rear leaf springs w/ bushings, front trim packer, driveline bearing drop kit and u-bolts"
I have that exact kit
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #3

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have that exact kit
What size tires are you running? Do you have a full 3" of lift?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the kit with the 886's and Dakars - no trim packers. Front and rear lift is a shade over 3". 35" tires (require a little bit of trimming).

Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What size tires are you running? Do you have a full 3" of lift?
2 1/2" lift , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME here with 285/70/17
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #7
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Liking it. Running 275/70/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s.

I'm a little curious what a full set of Icons would feel like, but that's for another day and a bunch of paychecks down the road.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have that exact kit
same here. 285/65/18
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post

I'm a little curious what a full set of Icons would feel like, but that's for another day and a bunch of paychecks down the road.
Is that an E rated LT tire ?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine as well. 285/70/17 Mud Tires require a good bit of trimming... I think if I went with an A/T tire I wouldn't need to do any more trimming
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
Pics? I'm quite curious about this tire and thinking of maybe picking them up
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #12
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
^ hows the ride? stiff? smooth?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
885s & Dakars with 255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs
Originaly 3" front & rear with shell.
1/4" top plate spacer added after adding sliders & full set of skids, now at 2 3/4".
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures(1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #14
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Now that the front is all done looking at getting new rear leaf springs for my taco, I have King 2.5 rear resis shocks right now but I'm wondering if the OME Dakar leaf springs or the All Pro Standard Duty Rear Leaf Springs work with these shocks or will they cause over extension of the rear shocks?

Can any one tell me if they will work or what to look at to get the numbers if the travel of both?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Now that the front is all done looking at getting new rear leaf springs for my taco, I have King 2.5 rear resis shocks right now but I'm wondering if the OME Dakar leaf springs or the All Pro Standard Duty Rear Leaf Springs work with these shocks or will they cause over extension of the rear shocks?

Can any one tell me if they will work or what to look at to get the numbers if the travel of both?

Those shocks are fine, I use the same, never had an issue in over 40k miles
Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #16

Justroc's Tacoma Gallery
Do 285/70/17 rub with the full 3"?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #17
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do 285/70/17 rub with the full 3"?
To many variables to determine if you will rub or not. I have 885s, no top plate spacer, 285/70/17 duratracs, my wheels are -10 offset and i had a good amount of trimming to do including cab mount chop, alignment also makes a difference. Some people dont rub i guess like this guy http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...er-no-rub.html
So theres the long answer, the short answer is yes you will most likely rub especially when you flex the suspension.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
I had to trim a little bit and do the cab mount chop with my 285/70/17's
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #19
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Pics? I'm quite curious about this tire and thinking of maybe picking them up

Here you go, Colton: