LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures

Well since Dan doesn't want questions asked on his OME Gallery thread I thought I would start a Q & A thread.
If you have a question ask away and the TW Emu Gurus will answer it.
If you have OME post a pic or two & tell us what you got.
What did you put up front & what did you get?
What did you put in back & what did you get?
If you got Dakars on a 2nd Gen share your measurements with OZ 2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
Tire & wheel specs & rub or what you did to eliminate rub.
Are you still running a sway bar?

Thanks Mike for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
This should help out:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_OME_coils.html

Spring name/Spring rate (N/mm)/Bar dia/Coil length (mm)

OME 883 / 103 / 17 / 375
OME 884 / 103 / 17 / 385
OME 885 / 103 / 17 / 395
OME 886 / 115 / 18 / 402

103 = 588 #/in
115 = 656 #/in
From the OME Bible JohnBb 1:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
ARB is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. Their springs make me offroad in green pastures, their lifts allow me to ford quiet waters, they restore my dignity. ARB guides me in trails of righteousness for their name’s sake. Even though I crawl through the valley of the shadow of the mall, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your Dakars and your armor, they comfort me. You prepare a locker before me in the presence of my haters. You drain my wallet so I can barely afford oil; my cup holders are plenty. Surely goodness and other Tacomas will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of ARB forever.
This thread is for everyone but if you want to go to a 1st Gen only thread it's here OLD MAN EMU SETUPS ON 1st gen

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

885s on 90000 Sport Nitros gave me 3".
Dakars gave me 3" with shell.
If you got Dakars on a 2nd Gen share your measurements with OZ 2nd Gen OME Dakar hub to fender measurements ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Been there done that.
Are you running trail armor & how much lift did you loose or what did you do to regain/maintain lift?
I just finnished adding 1/4" top plate spacers & I'm almost where I was before adding the sliders & skids.
I was 23 3/8" DS I'm now 23 1/8".
It rides just like it did before adding the spacer, just 1/2" higher & better than it did before adding the sliders & skids.
255/85/16 BFG KM2s on 1st Gen TRDs 16"x7" with 4.5" BS. No rub & no trim.
No & it ride even better on & off road.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just here for the emu pic
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
I'm just here for the emu pic
It does get your attention doesn't it.
Come on Matt you've got some OME post it.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
\m/ armor on meats \m/
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
OK I'll play

My rig and an oblig shot of Pyro

884s and 5100s
TSB and 5100s
Not yet but soon, very soon
Front relentless alum bumper with winch, IFS skid, mid skid, sliders, and relentless rear steal bumper. I have a t-case skid sitting in my garage, no comments Eric Not sure what I lost in lift and I didn't do anything to regain lift. Soon I'm just redoing it.
265/75/16 KM2s on 16x8 w/ 4.5 BS. No rubbing.
Yep, too scurred to take it off

Here are the specs center hub to bottom of fender:

DF 21.5"
DR 22.25"
PF 21.75"
PR 22.5"
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not moving people's measurements from this thread to the Dakar Measurement thread

Just sayin
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #10
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
09 trd offroad access cab

pic coming later
885s no top plate spacer, 2 1/2" on drivers side, 2 3/4"+ on passanger side (yes i used the trim packer) hub to fender is about 23" and 23 1/4
dakars with 3rd leaf removed. Hub to fender i am half inch higher in the rear compared to the front. Based on OZ's dakars thread, removing the 3rd leaf reduced the amount of lift by 1-1.5 inches (OME says 3/4)
Nope but i will have sliders very soon! I might add top plate spacers and reinstall the third leaf in the future EDIT: bamf sliders added and no change in measurements
EDIT AGAIN: CBI front bumper and 8500lb superwich added ~200lbs, lost about 1" of lift up front and the coilovers ride a lot softer now
SCS stealth 6 wheels- 17x8.5, 4.3" backspacing, -10mm offset with 285/70/17 duratracs. Lots of rubbing, cab mount chop, flattened pinch weld, trimed bottom of fenders front and back and removed alot of plastic. I still rub a little at full lock when the suspension is flexed hard
yes, no plans to remove it yet, i hate body roll!

only other detail about my setup is SPC light racing UCAs. Caster numbers are 2.5 and 2.7

Great idea for a thread! And thanks randy for answering my OME questions months ago before i did my lift, thanks to OZ also
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
09 trd offroad access cab

pic coming later
885s no top plate spacer, 2 1/2" on drivers side, 2 3/4"+ on passanger side (yes i used the trim packer) hub to fender is about 23" and 23 1/4
dakars with 3rd leaf removed. Hub to fender i am half inch higher in the rear compared to the front. Based on OZ's dakars thread, removing the 3rd leaf reduced the amount of lift by 1-1.5 inches (OME says 3/4)
Nope but i will have sliders very soon! I might add top plate spacers and reinstall the third leaf in the future
SCS stealth 6 wheels- 17x8.5, 4.3" backspacing, -10mm offset with 285/70/17 duratracs. Lots of rubbing, cab mount chop, flattened pinch weld, trimed bottom of fenders front and back and removed alot of plastic. I still rub a little at full lock when the suspension is flexed hard
yes, no plans to remove it yet, i hate body roll!

only other detail about my setup is SPC light racing UCAs. Caster numbers are 2.5 and 2.7

Great idea for a thread! And thanks randy for answering my OME questions months ago before i did my lift, thanks to OZ also
can't wait to see the pics of the stealth 6 wheels
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
can't wait to see the pics of the stealth 6 wheels
All i have right now is crappy cell picks
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358290402.612086.jpg
And a little driveway flexing
Old Man Emu: Questions, Answers & Pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358290454.184187.jpg
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
\m/ armor on meats \m/

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 190249
Attachment 190250
Looks great.

Question - what do you still rub at full lock?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 190249
Attachment 190250
looks great
Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Looks great.

Question - what do you still rub at full lock?
Thanks! During normal driving no. If i try to make them rub by stuffing the front tires at full lock they do lol. I just need to cut more plastic and a little more off of the bottom of the fender in the back of the wheel well. the trimming is not very noticable unless you know what your looking for. When the front wheel is stuffed in the wheel well i have ~ 1/4" of room between the tire and the chopped cab mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
looks great
Thank you! Im very happy with my setup.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Great idea for a thread! And thanks randy for answering my OME questions months ago before i did my lift
Thanks & you're welcome.
Taco looks good Evan.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #18

Nice truck^ that hidden winch is awesome
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
there's too many pics here, there is a thread for that
jk, jk
Ha! I'm getting confused with all the different threads, and what is expected in each

Products Discussed in this Thread