1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Barcelona Red

Discussion in 'New Members' started by SleeperTaco, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dec 5, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    SleeperTaco

SleeperTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    LAX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 6speed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Finally decided to join the site and looking to do some mods asap. I bought a 2013 Barcelona red DCSB 6 Speed 4x4 sports package and i'm loving it. Sucks on gas though. Im confused on getting my lift. Im looking to do the Procomp but i noticed some have rear blocks (k5081b) and some have add-a-leaf rear (k5075b). I tried doing to searches but still a little lost on what's better. I don't think the 2013 changed from the 2012

2. Dec 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    Hey welcome to TW :D about the lift, a lot of guys are going to tell you to stay away from pro comp, some say the ride is too stiff, some say its just bad quality, but you get what you pay for. Another thing to consider, are you looking at their spacer lift or coil/shock lift? Biggest thing here is to avoid spacers whenever possible, they can cause problems fast and are overall not a good idea. Same idea in the back, go with the add a leaf. Blocks can lead to damage and problems like axle wrap. An extra leaf will stiffen the ride a bit and reduces sag when towing. It would also help to know your budget and what you plan on doing with the truck if you want better more detailed suggestions.

3. Dec 6, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :wave:

4. Dec 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
  5. Dec 6, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    SleeperTaco

SleeperTaco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    LAX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB 6speed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Thanks for the help. Yea, I was looking at the shock and coilover package. It's mostly just for looks with rare occasional offroading. I'd just like to know I can do it if the opportunity came up and also fitting a 285/70/17 tire.

6. Dec 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    You will have to trim a bit for 285s but plenty of guys on here run them with 3 inches of lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top